ZUKED inverter

Advert

ZUKED inverter

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Martin of Wick
    Participant
      @martinofwick

John,

PM sent.

Advert
      SillyOldDuffer
        @sillyoldduffer
        On Martin of Wick Said:

So…….wild guesswork, Hmm, I will let others be the judge of that.

I’m happy with that.  I just ask them too remember that I identified the CW100 Manual and that John confirmed it matches what came with his VFD, a fact that Martin missed.

SO YOU already appear KNOW, by some mysterious means, that the parameters P0 02 and P0 03 have been set correctly by the OP for terminal control?

No mysterious means – I read the Manual.  Unless John has deliberately changed them, they are the default settings.

I can assure you that merely connecting D1 or D2 to ground will have no effect on anything unless that change has been implemented and suitable terminal switching in place.

Martin’s assurance is worthless. There’s no need to implement anything if the unit is still on its default settings.  This particular model should work out of the box with the simple circuit in the manual.   At this stage, all we’re trying to prove is that John’s VFD basically works.

Without that, your approach will result in precisely zero progress!

Wrong Martin.  This is an experiment using jumper wires.  If it works, we’ve confirmed that forward and reverse are controlled from DI1 and DI2.  If it doesn’t work, we know my hypothesis is wrong and the manual has to be re-read!  Both results are progress!

In the event that P0 02 03 have been configured, it is true that the D1 and D2 are set for 0latch control in forward and reverse, BUT how do you KNOW  that the OP wishes to use a remote terminal – remind us how exactly?

I don’t need to KNOW that.  This is a diagnostic experiment, not a fullly engineered solution.

Is latched switching what he wants? maybe he is trying to implement 3 wire control or something completely different.

Maybe the OP (and we don’t KNOW how the OP is operating or wishes to operate this device or what he is using it for) is attempting to run purely off the unit keypad and cant find the reverse at that point. If that is the case the M FUNC may need to be configured correctly in Parameter P7 01 (assuming the manual is the correct one).

Maybe.

It is, Dave,  simply to do with fully understanding all of the OP requirements to come to a useful solution rather than wild guesswork, or the firing off of random suggestions of dubious time wasting value.

Please reduce the emotional language!  I could accuse Martin of wild guesswork and firing off random suggestions of dubious time wasting value.  Remember folks, he hadn’t noticed the manual had been confirmed, and believes it’s necessary for John to start by sort out a requirement covering 3-wire control, latching, keypad/VR control, analogue or multifunction input, accelerations, rotary switch multi speed control, braking type and min/max frequency settings.  Actually, John has since clarified that the VFD is to drive a Myford, in which case the VFD defaults and a few switches plus a speed contol pot should do.  I agree that needs to be confirmed, but  I’m trying to tackle this in baby steps because John explained he is a complete novice with difficulty understanding the jargon.  Plunging him into a full requirements analysis at this stage feels unhelpful to me.

Dave

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)