XXXL Penny Washer

Advert

XXXL Penny Washer

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Izack Madd
    Participant
      @izackmadd89335

Wanted, someone who can drill and cut circles!

Advert
      Izack Madd
      Participant
        @izackmadd89335

Hi,

Yes it's daft question time again.

Does anyone know if they make penny washers OD 85m x ID 18mm x 10mm?

Now on the of chance that there is at least one of you brilliant people out there that's itching to say something like "you don't ned a penny washer you need a welder". What I need is two washers to make a leather maul one for each end.

So there are not being used as repair washers. But they will be under considerable force as they will need to be at least as wide as the top 75mm+. As wide as the base 50mm+. And have and internal diameter of just over ½''. And as they are going to be compressing 4'' of wet thick leather down to around 3''. Then they will need to be stronghence the guess of 10mm.

Now i doubt I can get any ready made. So can any one help me please with 4 XXXL washers please. Well 2 x 75mm and 2 x 50mm?

Thanks

Izzy

Edited By Izack Madd on 04/12/2014 16:53:48

Gordon W
        Participant
          @gordonw

Can only suggest agricultural engineers or similar. O,of course make them.

Keith Long
          Participant
            @keithlong89920

Pipe flange?

JasonB
              @jasonb

Pop down to your local laser cutters and get them to knock a couple up for you. Alternatively there are a few e-bay sellers that do 100mm dia steel discs which you could just drill a hole in.

J

Izack Madd
              Participant
                @izackmadd89335
                Posted by Gordon W on 04/12/2014 16:42:05:

Can only suggest agricultural engineers or similar. O,of course make them.

Thats the big problem and why im on here Gordon. I can't make them. The last bit of metal work i did was 30+ years ago. And me and metal came to an agreement id keep the rust at bay. And play with woid so long as metal did hassle me. Its worked brilliant up to now. Im looking for some one who can help by making me some.

Izack Madd
                Participant
                  @izackmadd89335
                  Posted by JasonB on 04/12/2014 16:47:14:

Pop down to your local laser cutters and get them to knock a couple up for you. Alternatively there are a few e-bay sellers that do 100mm dia steel discs which you could just drill a hole in.

J

The local laser cutter is nearly fifty miles away and im disabled. Im looking on ebay now but they all are cutouts so have starting poing cut in them andi was hopeing for something thats as nice to look at as use.

Izack Madd
                  Participant
                    @izackmadd89335
                    Posted by Keith Long on 04/12/2014 16:45:54:

Pipe flange?

? Sorry i dont know what you are saying. Do you mean it can be bought or cuttting off?

clogs
                    Participant
                      @clogs

HI all,

sorry but it's just my sense of humor…..

squeezing "things" into tight wet leather……ur never to old……

hahaha……Frank

Izack Madd
                      Participant
                        @izackmadd89335
                        Posted by clogs on 04/12/2014 17:12:08:

HI all,

sorry but it's just my sense of humor…..

squeezing "things" into tight wet leather……ur never to old……

hahaha……Frank

I know what you mean i have the same sort of funny bone. But thankfully ive managed to find someone on ebay who can do it dont know how much yet so ill carry on thinkimg about squeasing back into my wet leather.

And at least we know what you do at the weekend

pgk pgk
                        Participant
                          @pgkpgk17461

If there's any steel barn erectors near you then they'd likley have a punch that can go through 15mm plus steel for your holes. The local guys made me some new brackets for my tractor for steel cost plus beer money last week.

Steambuff
                          Participant
                            @steambuff

<Does anyone know if they make penny washers OD 85m x ID 18mm x 10mm?>

Wot a washer 85 meters OD !!!!!

Dave

frank brown
                            Participant
                              @frankbrown22225

I think I have a couple of washers a bit like these, though only 1/4" thick. FWIW they came of cable drums where the sides are held together by long studs , big washers and nuts.

Izack Madd
                              Participant
                                @izackmadd89335
                                Posted by Steambuff on 04/12/2014 18:01:46:

<Does anyone know if they make penny washers OD 85m x ID 18mm x 10mm?>

Wot a washer 85 meters OD !!!!!

Dave

No sorry 85mm

Raglan Littlejohn
                                Participant
                                  @raglanlittlejohn

http://www.lasermaster.co.uk will do these two for £12.40 +vat including postage. No need for a drawing. Just put the size you need on their order form, and you get an instant quote. I've not used them yet, but will when I next need something made. (Probably cheaper than I could buy the steel and make it myself).

John.

Michael Gilligan
                                  Participant
                                    @michaelgilligan61133

Posted by Raglan Littlejohn on 05/12/2014 07:34:58:

http://www.lasermaster.co.uk will do these …

No need for a drawing. Just put the size you need on their order form, and you get an instant quote.

Thanks John, that's useful to know

I've added a hyperlink on the address.

MichaelG.

Ian S C
                                    Participant
                                      @iansc

Most washers that sort of size are square, and 5 mm thick (here in NZ anyway).

Ian S C

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)