Workshop decoration

Advert

Workshop decoration

Home Forums The Tea Room Workshop decoration

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Sonic Escape
    Participant
      @sonicescape38234

I decided to make the workshop more colourful. Also is easier to clean oil drops from vinyl sheets. Main theme is class struggle and the communist utopia 🙂 And the blue hedgehog, of course.

Advert
      Harry Wilkes
      Participant
        @harrywilkes58467

I have several traction engine posters and around 20 rally brasses nailed to the walls

H

Diogenes
        Participant
          @diogenes

👍  ..love the look & colours – nice to be hacking metal in a gallery – and great natural light, I am envious (and windowless)..

Bazyle
          Participant
            @bazyle

The only workshop pictures I have ever seen before where the walls were not covered with shelves of stuff and hooks for tools, and stuff hanging on the tools were those of one time ME editor Mike Chrisp. Something to do with him having been a craft teacher I suppose. Also no swarf on floor. Looks un-natural.

Would be nice to have such a clean workshop but please, pictures of steam engines, Brunel’s viaducts, and of course tables of tapping drills.

Sonic Escape
            Participant
              @sonicescape38234

I try to store only the minimum in the workshop. There are a few shelves where I keep a few hand tools and lathe tools, some chemicals, all measurement related stuff, drills, dies but most things are in a shed. There are shelves 3m tall full with stuff. But I like to have the garage empty.

Where I lived before I had an electronics laboratory packed with equipment and component boxes on all walls up to the ceiling. And I didn’t like the clutter. I decided to do better this time. I don’t find a picture of that cave but bellow is the bear minimum mobile version of the lab for when I was traveling. Just to have an idea 🙂

Nigel Graham 2
              Participant
                @nigelgraham2

When our Mam was alive she’d ask what I wanted for Christmas.

My usual reply was, “The space to put it in!”

Which about sums up my workshop. Even the spiders are complaining about not enough room for their webs.

Brian Baker 2
                Participant
                  @brianbaker2

Greetings, if you have plenty of workshop space, then an art gallery is fine, but if, like most of us, space is limited, then you have to get the quart into the pint pot.

Surely drawings of current project take priority.

Regards

Brian B

larry phelan 1
                  Participant
                    @larryphelan1

Reminds me of people looking for the “Exact” shade of paint for their little lathe, as if it made any difference what colour it was as long as it worked. It,s a workshop, not a playroom.

Sonic Escape
                    Participant
                      @sonicescape38234

I’m afraid I fit perfectly into that description. Actually I consider the garage as my playroom. And I did tried a few different shades of blue for a milling machine that I’m restoring now … 🙂

Journeyman
                      Participant
                        @journeyman

Er, exactly what is wall space?🤔

whatspace

John

Dave Wootton
                        Participant
                          @davewootton

Looks great, I also agonise over which colour to paint my machines, usually a shade of grey, of which there are many more than 50!  Your workshop puts mine to shame, all that adorns the walls is oily marks thrown off by the chucks.

larry phelan 1
                          Participant
                            @larryphelan1

As it should be, Dave !

Howard Lewis
                            Participant
                              @howardlewis46836

Jealous of both the size and the cleanliness!

Mine, IF you can see the walls for shelves and what is on them, with the ceiling, was painted gloss white.

The idea was to reflect as much light as possible.

One day I ought to clear the floor and sweep up all the swarf, dropped nuts, and washers from under the plastic matting.

So much stuff in there after nearly 22 years that a repaint will require an act of parliament!

Howard

bernard towers
                              Participant
                                @bernardtowers37738

Glad mine is not the only one like yours Howard.

larry phelan 1
                                Participant
                                  @larryphelan1

If you have time to decorate your workshop like that, you are not busy.

Nick Wheeler
                                  Participant
                                    @nickwheeler
                                    On larry phelan 1 Said:

If you have time to decorate your workshop like that, you are not busy.

Perhaps he’s too busy to work in a dimly lit dungeon full of junk….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)