Where’d MEW-213 go?

Advert

Where’d MEW-213 go?

Home Forums Subscription issues and Digital magazines Where’d MEW-213 go?

• This topic has 42 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 21 May 2014 at 05:58 by Raymond Sanderson 2.
Viewing 18 posts - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Neil Wyatt
      @neilwyatt

Hello Ray,

If you want to copy me into any emails you sent, i can investigate for you. My experience of the subs team so far has been that they sort problems out pretty fast. neil.wyatt@mytimemedia.com

If you found 213 at a newsagent anywhere in Australia, it must be a local distribution issue as all the newsagent copies are sent over as a single shipment. I'm afraid MTM can't do much about that, as it's up to the national distributors to decide where and when they send the copies they get.

Neil

Edited By Neil Wyatt on 17/05/2014 09:08:11

Advert
      Raymond Sanderson 2
      Participant
        @raymondsanderson2
        Posted by Neil Wyatt on 15/05/2014 18:14:36:

Hello Ray,

If you want to copy me into any emails you sent, i can investigate for you. My experience of the subs team so far has been that they sort problems out pretty fast. neil.wyatt@mytimemedia.com

If you found 213 at a newsagent anywhere in Australia, it must be a local distribution issue as all the newsagent copies are sent over as a single shipment. I'm afraid MTM can't do much about that, as it's up to the national distributors to decide where and when they send the copies they get.

Neil

Thanks Neil for the interest and reply

Yes even the newsagent I had organised keeping the mag for me said they are experiencing problems. Its not my first time with UK mags the distributors as you say share what they get where they feel like.
        I will take up your offer and send a copy of the email to you, my main concern is the 6 week wait to get online access thats highly unfair having paid for it.
        I bet they don't allow 6 week grace when the subscription finishes.
        There is no way of telling what issue I'll get first so in the mean time I have to still keep watch and get 214 215 maybe 216 which you guys are up to.

Edited By Neil Wyatt on 17/05/2014 09:08:31

Raymond Sanderson 2
        Participant
          @raymondsanderson2

Neil I am having trouble with your email address both off the notification email and off here. Keeps bouncing back.

use my email address please to send me even a blank email raysan56atgmail.com

Ray

Diane Carney
            @dianecarney30678

Ray

I also have tried to get our office personnel to have a look at the problem and will report back any findings.

Diane

Michael Gilligan
            Participant
              @michaelgilligan61133

Diane/Ray/Neil,

If it's any help … I believe that the problem with Neil's eMail address is simply that it has been inserted as if it was a web-page. If you look at the content of the hyperlink it reads:

http://neil.wyatt@mytimemedia.com/

It should, of course, just read:

neil.wyatt@mytimemedia.com

MichaelG.

Raymond Sanderson 2
              Participant
                @raymondsanderson2
                Posted by Diane Carney on 16/05/2014 01:18:09:

Ray

I also have tried to get our office personnel to have a look at the problem and will report back any findings.

Diane

Thanks Diane

Raymond Sanderson 2
                Participant
                  @raymondsanderson2
                  Posted by Michael Gilligan on 16/05/2014 07:48:16:

Diane/Ray/Neil,

If it's any help … I believe that the problem with Neil's eMail address is simply that it has been inserted as if it was a web-page. If you look at the content of the hyperlink it reads:

http://neil.wyatt@mytimemedia.com/

It should, of course, just read:

neil.wyatt@mytimemedia.com

.Michael I sp0otted that and tried as you have re-typed it still bounces back but will try again.

Ray

MichaelG.

Raymond Sanderson 2
                  Participant
                    @raymondsanderson2

Just tried 3 times to send to Neil's email again and still it bounces back it could be something at my end as its bounces back almost as fast as I send it.

Raymond Sanderson 2
                    Participant
                      @raymondsanderson2

Thanks to all I was contacted last night by Sophie from MyTimemedia and got an access code

Then I went on to go and activate through PocketMedia and sadly that won't work so have contacted them. Until I hear back as to why etc still no luck with online viewing and downloading the Mag's

Ray

JasonB
                        @jasonb

Ray have you tried the code here. On Pocket mags you will only see the mags as they are "published" since your subs became active so unlikely to see anything until the next one goes live.

If you go to your profile and enter the code you should then be able to view all MEW back issues from 1 – 216

J

Edit, I just checked and you have done that but can't get access here either. I'll have to hand you over to Neil as it  maybe its another problem with the 10digit codes.

Edited By JasonB on 17/05/2014 07:37:54

Raymond Sanderson 2
                        Participant
                          @raymondsanderson2

In answer Jason yes put the code in here first.. Then did the Pocket Mags thing.

Glad you have the ability Jason to check things out. I was beginning to think maybe being an ex-pat Geordie, the UK had take a block on me.

So as you have explained in getting the latest issues off Pocket Mags they can only be read online and not downloaded is that right and it must be the current mag?

If thats the case no wonder I have to wait 6 weeks as 216 has just come out. Sorry to say but that is pretty lousy being I am 3 mags behind the UK release as it is.
                          After talking to the Newsagent where I finally got a copy of 213 just released here they are having problems with the distributor here.

As for older mags and current they are accessible only through here? I gather they can be downloaded and read off line? Which is what I believed I was paying for along with a Hard copy.

Sorry to be a pain but for us the exchange rate is a killer and this process is far away from what it should be with modern ways. Being it leads you to believe you have instant access online at least.

Still emails sent to Pocket mags and to Sophie again about the code access I haven't had a reply back yet.

Ray

Neil Wyatt
                            @neilwyatt

Sorry Ray,

That's the second time I've done that with my email. I've re-edited the links in my message and your quote.

The problem is that there are three ways of digitally viewing the magazine.

The first is standard 'pocketmags' online reader.

Second is the non-downloadable online archive explained here:

**LINK**

Finally there is the 'pocketmags' offline reader package which does allow you to permanently download issues, explained here:

**LINK**

Unfortunately, the system tends to get people into the online archive (via the magazines link) and the offline package is not so easy to find.

We have had some issues with 10-digit numbers and I'm still not sure how they are best sorted. I will try and find out for you on Monday.

I'm sorry about the byzantine complexity, hopefully these links will help.

Neil

JasonB
                              @jasonb

To put it simply with your print plus digital MEW sub

Pocketmags

View online mags published after the start of your subscription for as long as you have a current subscription

View offline and store mags from the start of your subscription and activation of their offline reader.

The pocket mags viewer has a few extra features than the ME one that saves having to flick through a whole mag to find the article you are after.

This site

View all back issues of MEW

Get the current mag before it goes on sale and by the sound of things thats a lot earlier that whats available down under

AlaninOz
                              Participant
                                @alaninoz

I received my copy of 215 about 10 days ago in Darling Downs, WA.

Alan

Raymond Sanderson 2
                                Participant
                                  @raymondsanderson2
                                  Posted by JasonB on 17/05/2014 10:13:15:

To put it simply with your print plus digital MEW sub

Pocketmags

View online mags published after the start of your subscription for as long as you have a current subscription

View offline and store mags from the start of your subscription and activation of their offline reader.

The pocket mags viewer has a few extra features than the ME one that saves having to flick through a whole mag to find the article you are after.

This site

View all back issues of MEW

Get the current mag before it goes on sale and by the sound of things thats a lot earlier that whats available down under

Thanks Jason, sorry for delay replying been out since early morning.

I shall just wait and see what comes for a while hope its all sorted soon.

Ray

Raymond Sanderson 2
                                  Participant
                                    @raymondsanderson2
                                    Posted by AlaninOz on 17/05/2014 16:03:00:

I received my copy of 215 about 10 days ago in Darling Downs, WA.

Alan

Alan this is sounding promising thanks for posting gives me some relief I can assure you.

Raymond Sanderson 2
                                    Participant
                                      @raymondsanderson2

Just got into the Magazine online link through the Tab at the top of the page thanks all now to see if I can do the same through Pocketmedia tomorrow.

Raymond Sanderson 2
                                      Participant
                                        @raymondsanderson2

At last I had time to sign in to Pocketmags and see if I could get access and download and success.yes

I have the MEW team to thank for their part in the whole procedure and chasing the matter up you all deserve a few of these.beer if I was closer it would be my shout.

Viewing 18 posts - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)