Where to source M2,M2.5 and M3 Scaled Fixings

Advert

Where to source M2,M2.5 and M3 Scaled Fixings

Home Forums Materials Where to source M2,M2.5 and M3 Scaled Fixings

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Greensands
    Participant
      @greensands

I need to replace some of my old stock of small BA fixings with the nearest metric equivalents typically M2, M2.5 and M3 in brass, bms and in some cases, stainless steel. The problem as I see it is that small metric fixings commonly available are not made to the right proportions and simply do not look “right”.  I am sure this question has been raised before and I seem to recall a source given in Germany but I would appreciate an update on the situation regarding supplies of properly scaled fixings with a possible source in the UK?

Advert
      Michael Gilligan
      Participant
        @michaelgilligan61133

I haven’t tried this supplier yet … but many of the prices seem very realistic, and they have a wide range of products.

http://www.screw-shop.com/

MichaelG.

Kiwi Bloke
        Participant
          @kiwibloke62605

http://www.modelfixings.co.uk has provided me with incomparably good, friendly, helpful and rapid international service. They carry an impressively wide range of small fixings, but also tools, bearings and much more, all accessed via a well-behaved web site. Not sure whether scale-type heads are offered though

Knupfer is probably the German supplier alluded to. A fascinating range of tiddly little fixings and small-scale whatsits can be seen on their German-language web site.

Gep Engler
          Participant
            @gepengler40547
            JasonB
              @jasonb

If you don’t want to go far then Polly Eng do some of the GHW range, Though I buy direct from GHW

There is also Knupfer again in Germany who do a good range

Screwshop don’t do small hex, infact they don’t do hex bolts/screws in any metric form. The “standard stock” is a give away

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)