What type of EMI filter

Advert

What type of EMI filter

Home Forums Electronics in the Workshop What type of EMI filter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Vic
    Participant
      @vic

Would you suggest for this lathe and where exactly to wire it in?

IMG_0922

Advert
      Robert Atkinson 2
      Participant
        @robertatkinson2

I would suggest a wired, two stage filter rated at 6 amps or higher. e.g. a Schaffner FN2090-6-06
        https://uk.farnell.com/schaffner/fn2090-6-06/filter-1-ph-6a-chassis-mount/dp/1304858

Fit it directly at the power input terminals of the VFD (R & S). Ideally bouth the VFD and filter should be attached to a metalllic surface with electrical contact between their mountings and the plate. There MUST be an earth connection to the metal body of the filter for safety.

Robert.

Vic
        Participant
          @vic

Thank you Robert, that’s most helpful. Given the instructions I guessed it would need to go on the input of the VFD but thought it best to ask.

john fletcher 1
          Participant
            @johnfletcher1

I notice domestic washings have an input filters, would they be of use in similar situations, thousand must be discarded daily at the so called local RECYCLE CENTRE. John

Robert Atkinson 2
            Participant
              @robertatkinson2

It depends on the type of motor fitted nad design of the filter. It’s hard to make general statements about these sort of things.

Robert.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)