What is the difference here? Subscription Costs

Advert

What is the difference here? Subscription Costs

Home Forums Subscription issues and Digital magazines What is the difference here? Subscription Costs

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    John Olsen
    Participant
      @johnolsen79199
      Advert
      John Olsen
      Participant
        @johnolsen79199

So I am trying to renew my subscription online and it offers two choices, which appear to be identical except for the price. Does one of them come in a gold plated wrapper or is there some mistake? I wonder if one of them is a one year renewal and the other is two, but it does not say that.

John

Credit/Debit Card 2 Years Model Engineer Print + Digital £94.95
        Credit/Debit Card 2 Years Model Engineer Print + Digital £173.30
        gary
        Participant
          @gary44937

£78.35

JasonB
            @jasonb

I get £75 UK and £105 for rest of world. on Credit/Debit card for a new sub, to renew should be even less

John can you post a link to where you are looking, I got these by clicking the "subscribe now" at top right of page.

Edited By JasonB on 09/05/2016 07:31:42

Edited By JasonB on 09/05/2016 07:57:21

Neil Wyatt
              @neilwyatt

Offers on subs change regularly , plus third party resellers can have their own pricing so it can be confusing at times, that said hunt down the best deal and grab it!

Note that access to the digital archive only comes with digital packages bought through the links here or advertised in the magazine, not third parties.

Neil

JasonB
                @jasonb

Neil, John has an existing ME P+D sub and is renewing so price must be form MTM somewhere, probably via the new subscription account which still shows out of stock to me.

Edited By JasonB on 09/05/2016 08:20:49

JasonB
                  @jasonb

John, can you check the subscription number you have entered in your settings as it does not seem right and we can't easily look up all your details without it

Neil Wyatt
                    @neilwyatt

I've drawn this and a related issue to the attention of our in-house subs team.

Neil

mechman48
                    Participant
                      @mechman48

I renewed my subs through MTM phone line, took the plunge & renewed for 2 year print & digital copy package, paid £97.80 which was the best deal at the time. As Jason & Gary can get a £75 & £78 deal respectively, well done. There has been a few comments previously on pricing inconsistency but I see that Neil is addressing the situation.

George.

Michael Gilligan
                      Participant
                        @michaelgilligan61133

George,

Gary was being clever

Q. what is the difference ?

MichaelG.

But the whole thing looks a shambles to me.

JasonB
                          @jasonb

£78 was for one year new sub with the "free" gift in UK, as I said renewal should be less as you are not paying for the gift.

John Olsen is rest of world so £105 new sub, one year with gift and again should be less to renew so the £94.95 sounds about right for one year and the slight saving of a two year commitment makes the £173.30 seem likely for two years

Michael Gilligan
                          Participant
                            @michaelgilligan61133
                            Posted by Michael Gilligan on 09/05/2016 09:37:24:

Q. what is the difference ?

Jason,

Re. my previous explanation ^^^

A. £78.35

i.e. £173.30 minus £94.95

MichaelG.

John Olsen
                            Participant
                              @johnolsen79199

The page I was on was:

**LINK**

I just went back in, and without entering any details I get the same thing…also the list button for choosing Europe or rest of world does not make any difference.

This was the page that the letter I just received told me to go to.

I know there was a messup a while back when I ended up with two subs, I think after a phone renewal. That may be why the sub number on the forum site does not match the one in my renewal letter Anyway I have corrected that as well as changing my address and phone number. I moved about a year back.

Gary has provided an excellent example of why the forum has an "Ignore member" button.

John

JasonB
                                @jasonb

Thanks John, the number allows me to see a bit more now but I can't offer much more in the way of help. Neil is a bit tied up for the next couple of days but hopefully Subs will sort it out as I can't do much more as a Forum moderator.

But as I said in my post above it looks like you are getting about a £10 reduction per year over a new sub as you are an existing subscriber. The 94.95 is for one year and the 173.30 for two.

J

gary
                                Participant
                                  @gary44937

sorry for offending you john, just a wee bit of humour.

Neil Wyatt
                                    @neilwyatt

John,

Found a bit of time.

They are having difficulty duplicating your problem (I can't either) I get two 1 year prices (DD and CC) for UK or just one CC price for rest of world.

I tried logging out, but no change.

As Jason suggests the first one is probably meant to be a price for 1 year,

Anyway, they are looking into it and hopefully will fix it. You should have grabbed the 2 for 1 offer while you could

Neil

Steven Vine
                                    Participant
                                      @stevenvine79904
                                      Posted by gary shepherd on 09/05/2016 16:27:53:

sorry for offending you john, just a wee bit of humour.

I got it Gary, it wasn't wasted.laugh Jason's comment also made me laugh …. "renewal should be less as you are not paying for the gift".

Steve

mechman48
                                      Participant
                                        @mechman48

There seems to be crossed messages here, as stated previously I have just renewed, in Feb, by credit card, for TWO years for the total price of £97.80.

My renewal notification & notes I took when renewing over the phone…

mew renewal 2016.jpg

… and yes I can still get into my digital archive, have just opened issues # 241 & # 1 to check.

George.

Enough!
                                        Participant
                                          @enough

Was that an ROW price, George?

Steambuff
                                          Participant
                                            @steambuff
                                            Posted by mechman48 on 09/05/2016 23:07:26:

There seems to be crossed messages here, as stated previously I have just renewed, in Feb, by credit card, for TWO years for the total price of £97.80.

My renewal notification & notes I took when renewing over the phone…

mew renewal 2016.jpg

… and yes I can still get into my digital archive, have just opened issues # 241 & # 1 to check.

George.

George … Your screenshot was for MEW. the original post was for ME

Dave

JasonB
                                              @jasonb

I see the link John posted is now working correctly, price for 1 or 2 years and the UK, EU, ROW works too.

J

Michael Gilligan
                                              Participant
                                                @michaelgilligan61133
                                                Posted by Neil Wyatt on 09/05/2016 21:19:23:

… You should have grabbed the 2 for 1 offer while you could

Neil

mechman48
                                                Participant
                                                  @mechman48

George … Your screenshot was for MEW. the original post was for ME

Dave

Mea culpa…face 21 …. should have gone to Specsavers…face 20

George.

Edited By mechman48 on 10/05/2016 10:01:28

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)