What happened to digital mag viewer?

Advert

What happened to digital mag viewer?

Home Forums Subscription issues and Digital magazines What happened to digital mag viewer?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    makon
    Participant
      @makon

Starting with ME 4605, I can't view or print individual pages of Model Engineer magazine. The magazines prior to 4605 work ok. I could toggle between single or two page display and print.

Always in the past when I clicked on the PRINT icon above the page, a permission box popped up saying that the website wanted to run Adobe Flash Player- YES or NO at which point I clicked YES and the print went ahead.

Now I have only double page display and miniature images of the double pages below with arrows used to scroll forward and back for double page selection.

How can I get back to the other display method?

Regards

John

Advert
      makon
      Participant
        @makon
        Paul Lousick
        Participant
          @paullousick59116

John, They changed the viewer and not everyone is happy.

Apprently you have to view digital copies via Pocketmags. There are a few problems but have been told they are working on it.

See previouse posts at:  https://www.model-engineer.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=140397&p=3

Paul.

Edited By Paul Lousick on 10/02/2019 06:08:09

Graham Stoppani
          Participant
            @grahamstoppani46499

John,

I think you will find the problem is with the latest version of Adobe Flash Player 32. The print function was working fine for me until my latest version was auto installed on 8th February.

It looks like nothing is happening once you click OK on the print dialog box but if you pause printing in the print queue and try again you will see the print job spool waiting for the printer to be un-paused. The moment you un-pause the printer the job deletes itself from the queue.

A work around is to to select Microsoft XPS Document Writer as the printer when the print dialog box comes up and print the page to a .xps file. This can then be opened and sent to the printer. I looking at how to uninstall version 32 of Adobe Flash Player and go back to version 31 with the auto update switched off.

I am running Firefox on Windows 7

regards

Graham S

JasonB
              @jasonb

As said see the other post it is nothing to do with Flash updates as the revised viewer does not use Flash.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)