Weiss lathes – any experiences?

Advert

Weiss lathes – any experiences?

Home Forums Workshop Tools and Tooling Weiss lathes – any experiences?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    marcusj
    Participant
      @marcusj
      Seriously considering a Weiss ‘benchtop’ (i.e. step up from mini) lathe.  Any experiences?  Specifically, looking at the 250V .  It’s an MT4-spindled, 750W single phase motored, variable speed job.  The more I use my Sieg C3, the more jobs I find that won’t fit, or I wish I could rough the metal faster…

Advert
      marcusj
      Participant
        @marcusj
        JasonB
          @jasonb
          There’s a guy on Model Engineers Clearing house whos got the 280VF goes buy the name of Miner or hes also on Home Model Engine Machinist by the name of Pete.

They are similar to the Warco/Chester/RDG/Engineers toolroom/ Amadeal/ Optium/etc as they are all the similar basic lathe but spec and build can vary a bit between them. I’ve got the Warco 280VF and am happy with it.

The Torque can drop a bit when turning large diameters at slower speeds eg 9″ iron castings but mine will take 0.100″ depth of cut in 1″ steel bar.

Jason
          marcusj
          Participant
            @marcusj

Good tip about the Warco equivalent.  I found a review here: http://cign.org/lathe.html.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)