Warwickshire Show, to go or not.

Advert

Warwickshire Show, to go or not.

Home Forums Exhibitions, Shows and Club Events Warwickshire Show, to go or not.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Adrian Johnstone
    Participant
      @adrianjohnstone89946

I would strongly recommend attending. I went yesterday (Thursday) and pleased to report that it was very busy indeed. Lots of terrific models and a good set of suppliers.

Use it or lose it…

I got the sense that people are now coming out of the post-Covid caution concerning attending shows, and that is very encouraging for the future.

Adrian

Advert
      Colin Heseltine
      Participant
        @colinheseltine48622

I will be there tomorrow and Sunday on the Model Engine Maker stand.  It will be my two longest days out since prostatectomy in Mid June and then two weeks in hospital mid August with Sepsis.  I hope I last out the two days.

Colin

Lathejack
        Participant
          @lathejack

Well I went to the show on Thursday, great sunny weather driving there and back in my 20 year old Ford Transit.

Picked up a friend on the way which made the whole day more enjoyable. The show was just as I remember from previous visits years ago, and just as I expected. So despite a lack of new Far Eastern lathes, mills and other machinery on offer there I thoroughly enjoyed the show and am really glad I went, trouble is the hours spent there go by so quickly.

Because I decided to visit at fairly short notice I hadn’t even thought about a shopping list, and once there I struggled to think of anything I wanted or needed. I did buy a bit of tooling for a new 7×14 mini lathe I bought late last year, but then totally forgot to buy tooling and a new 3 jaw chuck to replace the very bad faulty chuck that is fitted to the new Sieg SC4 lathe that I and a friend clubbed together to buy from Arc several weeks ago…….Doh!!

I did buy a nice 50mm Micrometer and a 150mm dial caliper from the Dasqua Tools stand, which I think is linked to RDG. Also enjoyed watching those on the SMEE stand working away on their machines, particularly the little Sieg SX1 milling machine which I think was an earlier version from Arc.

I watched a bit of the actively outside, and winced in amazement as the chap revved the nuts out of the traction engine that was driving the circular saw bench.

So a great day at the show, that just sadly passed by all too quickly.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)