Warwickshire Show, to go or not.

Advert

Warwickshire Show, to go or not.

Home Forums Exhibitions, Shows and Club Events Warwickshire Show, to go or not.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lathejack
    Participant
      @lathejack

Over the last few days I have thought about visiting the Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition, so I booked Thursday off from work just in case I do decide to make the effort to go on any one of the four days the show is on.

I’ve been visiting the model engineering shows every year since the early 1990’s upto 2019, mainly Donington, Harrogate and ending with Doncaster. They were usually the highlight of my year, and the main drain of most of my spare cash.

My main interest there was really the trade stands, particularly the new machine tool dealers, and just about all of my new machines, plus almost all my tooling, was purchased as a result of what I had seen and fiddled with at those shows.

But, for various reasons, quite a few of the main suppliers no longer attend the shows. Chronos, Arceurotrade, Axminster Tools, Warco, Chester, Proops, Rotagrip, and SPG Tools are all sadly not there. Although once or twice I have bumped into Ketan from Arc wandering around, as a visitor I think.

So, for me at least, the shows are not quite as good as those I enjoyed so much not too long ago. But thankfully there still is a show, and there seems to be plenty there. I did visit the Warwickshire Show a couple of times over ten years ago, but one year half way through the first day I left to visit Arceurotrades premises, then the following day I went straight to Arc again and spent all my spare cash there.

Anyway, I’m almost sure I’ll be making the effort to go on one day, it will be a 200 mile round trip for a 5 hour stay at the show to try and experience again the same atmosphere and enjoyment from all the MEX shows I visited in the past, and maybe spend a bit of cash.

I wonder what others think of the Warwickshire Show.

Advert
      Andy Chancer
      Participant
        @andychancer17241

Was planning to go,would’ve been my first time there,but being on sick has severely limited finances sadly.

im reasonably new to model engineering and enjoyed going to Harrogate last year,which is fairly local to me.Hopefully I can make it next year.

duncan webster 1
        Participant
          @duncanwebster1

I was going to go, but the inefficiency of my local council means that I don’t have a valid railcard. I applied for it nearly a month ago, but they are no doubt not-working-from-home.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)