Warco wm240v

Advert

Warco wm240v

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Nic Bertelsen
    Participant
      @nicbertelsen16379

Hi, ive got a wm240v which I nipped up yesterday when parting off work. Motor stopped and now won't restart. When I turn on the rpm screen flashes 1469rpm then 0 rpm and stays on 0. There is no motor movement. Any ideas? TIA

Advert
      Nic Bertelsen
      Participant
        @nicbertelsen16379

problem

AlanW
        Participant
          @alanw96569

Hi Nic

Check the fuses on the control panel. You may have got away lightly but, if not, it could be the control board gone phutt. These variable speed dc lathes are not very forgiving of stall conditions; you need to be very quick on the stop button. They are very easy to stall anyway, despite the alleged 1hp motor. I added an intermediate pulley pair to my 240 to increase low-speed torque and avoid just this kind of problem.

Alan

Nic Bertelsen
          Participant
            @nicbertelsen16379

Hi, i checked the fuse in rear of machine and it was fine, are there others I haven't found yet?

Mines not too bad for stalling as the previous owner installed a bigger motor onto lathe to combat this, I was just not concentrating as much as I should have been grrr.

Nic

not done it yet
            Participant
              @notdoneityet

They are very easy to stall anyway, despite the alleged 1hp motor.

Specification says 1.1kW. So Warco also quotes input power and not the real output power?  I am surprised – well, perhaps not.

Edited By not done it yet on 20/09/2020 18:22:37

AlanW
              Participant
                @alanw96569

Mine has two fuses, one on the front panel and one on the back.

AlanW
                Participant
                  @alanw96569

NDIY

I can only speak as I find. When I needed the torque at low revs turning a large diameter, it just wasn't there. My old Hobbymat with 300W ac motor would have coped easily where the 240 stalled.

Nic

If the motor has been changed (presumably up-rated) what other mods may have been done to the electrics?

Alan

Sam Longley 1
                  Participant
                    @samlongley1

Mine stalls several times a session. Gutless thing. Less power than my old Drummond M type. takes several presses of the stop/start button to get it going even if it has not had a stall. If I forget to press the stop button after a stall or after i have pressed the start button & it has not started,  it sometimes starts whilst i am doing a set up, which has caught me unawares a couple of times with my hand on the chuck.

Edited By Sam Longley 1 on 20/09/2020 21:30:03

Ian Rolfe
                    Participant
                      @ianrolfe39690

I know this is an old thread. But did you ever solve this. My WM240 has just done exactly the same after drilling a large hole in aluminium at low speed. Cleared through the hole OK. Turned it off now wont restart. But RPM indicator comes on in the same way you describe. Any clues of how to diagnose would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)