Tungsten carbide scrap

Advert

Tungsten carbide scrap

Home Forums Materials Tungsten carbide scrap

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    steamdave
    Participant
      @steamdave

Has anyone tried to sell tungsten carbide scrap?

I thought it was worth something but when I recently tried to sell some the scrap man wasn’t interested.  His reason was that most of my bits were coated and he would only accept uncoated pieces.

Is this the same for anyone else?

Dave
      The Emerald Isle

Advert
      David George 1
      Participant
        @davidgeorge1

When at work we would collect all carbide tips,  cutters etc and they were collected by cutter supplier for money when box supplied was full. Not a large box around six inch cube. I dont know how much for.

David

Vic
        Participant
          @vic

I watched a video some time ago about recycling carbide inserts. I think it was by Sandvik. I also saw another one where they packed them into safe doors to prevent drilling so they do have a value.

steamdave
          Participant
            @steamdave

It’s not the amount that I would receive for my ‘collection’, it is that the scrappie wasn’t interested in my tips at all because most of them were coated.  He would only accept uncoated tips.

And I thought that there was a world-wide shortage of tungsten carbide in the industrial nations (except China!)

Dave
            The Emerald Isle

bernard towers
            Participant
              @bernardtowers37738

Its 10000 a ton at the moment And I take two lots of 10kilos a year it helps the workshop. dont ask where I get it

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)