TTS toolholder

Advert

TTS toolholder

Home Forums Workshop Tools and Tooling TTS toolholder

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Redpiperbob
    Participant
      @redpiperbob16487

Hi there can anyone help please I am looking for a TTS (3/4″ Straight shank) tool-holder that has a ER32 collet nut on the end. Like this only ER32 not ER16

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/315231984565?chn=ps&_ul=GB&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

I have tried emailing the two companies that I can find with no result .

Thanks

Bob

Advert
      JasonB
        @jasonb

I don’t know if Tormach’s UK dealer does tooling or just machines but worth a try and they will be genuine parts not copies that you tend to find on ebay.  Or order from the US.

Redpiperbob
        Participant
          @redpiperbob16487

Thanks Jason Machines only

Bob

Howard Lewis
          Participant
            @howardlewis46836

If push comes to shove, why not get an ER32 taper shank holder and make up a holder with an internal MT taper to suit the collet holder. The parallel shank holder can have provision for a drawbar to retain the taper shank.

HTH

Howard

Keith Long
            Participant
              @keithlong89920

Hi Bob, have a look at  CTC tools, catalogue item D20. (https://www.ctctools.biz/er32-3-4-x-4-straight-shank-collet-chuck-d20/)

ER32 collet chuck on 3/4 inch plain arbor 100mm long – and cheap enough.

I’ve bought tooling from them – er chucks and collets and been quite happy with them.

Keith

JasonB
                @jasonb

If Modifying other ER chucks you would have to add the collar to get the height registration that the TTS holders incorporate and if it is to go into a ATC equipped machine then you also need the groove to allow it to be held, this is a featrue missing from a lot of the copies too.

You could not run a longer shank if using ATC so the grip of an MT would be much reduced and they say you have to watch the load on a ER32 anyway as it can pull out of the spindle collet if loaded too much.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)