Time to Say Goodbye

Advert

Time to Say Goodbye

Home Forums Subscription issues and Digital magazines Time to Say Goodbye

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    John Hinkley
    Participant
      @johnhinkley26699

David,

I wouldn't have put it quite that strongly! Looks to me like a proof-reading error or a self incrementing template that's got out of kilter. As long as they turn up, I'm not really that bothered. I was just hoping that there wouldn't be a two month gap between issues.

John

Advert
      KWIL
      Participant
        @kwil

MEW June issue arrived today 17th May

David Caunt
        Participant
          @davidcaunt67674

There is definitely a problem. Having decided that the printed versions were getting out of hand and an offer in Oct came up for both ME and MEW in digital only I took it out. ME became available straight away but until April this year I didn't know about MEW as my existing Print and Digital didn't run out until April 2022. Then on the MEW web page all I got access to was ME no MEW.

As I had downloaded the Pocketmags App. I just couldn't understand why it wasn't available. After a lot of phone calls I was told that I needed to go to the pocketmags.com site and register with my reg. number. Now I can get the digital version of both there but on the Model Engineering web site only have access to ME not MEW..

The shame of this is that I can no longer see all the digital MEW's since they started only those since paying a subscription.

Something has definitely gone awry.

JasonB
            @jasonb

As I have posted before if you contct pocketmags they can backdate what is available on their sire to when your subscription started.

It would be worth checking you have the same MEW subscription number entered here as you do on Pocketmags as the one here looks to have expired

SillyOldDuffer
              @sillyoldduffer

Dare I offer a satirical rant?

MEW 316 (June 2022) arrived today with ME 4691 (20 May – 2 July)

I see Model Engineer still has a plain barcode whilst MEW's is correctly tagged 'Mortons'! ME have let themselves and their readers down. There's no excuse – Percival Marshall never got a barcode wrong.

I look forward to Geoff Theasby's jokes about 'rude mechanicals' and am enjoying Ron Fitzgerald's series on Stationary Steam Engines. Unfortunately barcodes are a point of principle – you have to draw a line somewhere. Should I cancel my subscription?

devil

Dave

Nick Clarke 3
              Participant
                @nickclarke3
                Posted by SillyOldDuffer on 17/05/2022 15:32:52:

Unfortunately barcodes are a point of principle – you have to draw a line somewhere. Should I cancel my subscription?

devil

Dave

Actually on a technical point – to make barcodes you have to draw a lot of lines, not just the one! laugh

Nick

bricky
                Participant
                  @bricky

My magazine has always been delivered which I prefer to reading digital copy.I have no complaints .

Frank

David Caunt
                  Participant
                    @davidcaunt67674

Thank you Jason. I hadn't had to do that when I first subscribed or my next 2 renewals. Having gone to settings I could see the problem. My subscription for MEW hadn't been updated.

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)