Three lines

Advert

Three lines

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Nicholas Farr
    Participant
      @nicholasfarr14254

Hi, I’ve just zoomed in on this laptop like JasonB has shown, and it comes up as in his screenshot on the previous page. I then went up to the max zoom of 500%, and got this screenshot.

Screenshot (9)

Crazy I know, however, my phone won’t zoom out enough to hide the three lines yellow bar, but my cheap Lenovo 7″ tablet will, when used in landscape, so I guess it depends on the amount of zooming your device allows, that makes the difference.

Regards Nick.

Advert
      Dell
      Participant
        @dell

Just for reference on chrome if I turn the iPad sideways the three bar’s disappear and I can tap on classified no problem.

Dell

File Handle
        Participant
          @filehandle

I have decided that I prefer the 3 bar version on my laptop, less distance to scroll down to get to the forum messages. and if I want to get to the menu I still can. The strange thing is I don’t recall making any changes that coincided with the change. i just assumed as the website was getting altered it was just part of that. However, as someone said of someone else who was a fantastic programmer and trouble shooter, he will have just instinctively fixed it without even realising what he has done.

peak4
          Participant
            @peak4

As a slight aside to the Three Lines aspect I’ve just viewed the site in Avast Secure Browser, with a view to seeing how to remove just this site’s cookies from Avast.

The site banners at the top display differently in Opera & Avast, as per this screenshot, with them both stretched to full widescreen width. Pale Blue & Green banners show different justification.
            Single screenshot below with both browsers open and overlapping each other.
            Opera-Avast screenshot annotated

Back on topic about the three lines.
            It seems to be down to the displayed window width in available pixels, rather than the actual device.

If I drag the browser window narrow enough, even on a widescreen monitor, then the three lines appear

image_2023-12-31_173757080

Clicking on them takes you to the plain orange screen with the links down the left hand side.
            This isn’t zooming, it’s changing the width of the window.

Bill

peak4
            Participant
              @peak4

Another slight anomaly I’ve just found whilst trying to duplicate the log-in problem.

I narrowed the displayed window, so that I could use two different browsers side by side.
              Chrome, Opera, Edge & Avast all work as expected when you narrow the window width; the seamlessly change from the Dark Blue/Pale Blue/Dark Green banner, to the Pale Blue/Orange Three Lines/Dark Green heading.

Firefox & Pale Moon both have an intermediate step where Subscribe from the Pale Blue line overlaps the dark Green line, rendering its shortcuts unavailable.
              Screenshots below from Firefox;

As narrow as possible whilst still displaying correctly
              image_2024-01-04_193648738
              Slightly Narrower;

image_2024-01-04_193903654

Try Clicking on Forums, Help etc.
              image_2024-01-04_194252834

A little narrower still and back as it should display;image_2024-01-04_194010263

Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)