this is the worst site possible

Advert

this is the worst site possible

Home Forums Website Questions, Comments, and Suggestions this is the worst site possible

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 298 total)
  • Author
    Journeyman
    Participant
      @journeyman

Bill, I can get the Lego blocks when properly logged in.

1. Clear Cookies for this site only (Linux Mint 21 & Firefox)
      2. Login get the green error cleared message
      3. Go to Forums and get following list
      4. forum
      5. Click on latest post ie the top 28 December 2023 at 13:27 and then get the Lego

I don’t believe that user or the message exists but it is somehow locked in. Going to other locations seems to work OK at present.

John

Advert
      JasonB
        @jasonb

Nina was spam and that post has been binned so could explain the Lego.

Journeyman
        Participant
          @journeyman

Indeed, system probably needs to catch up on it’s house-keeping. Although WordPress isn’t the best for that.

John

Michael Gilligan
          Participant
            @michaelgilligan61133
            On Ian P Said:
            On Michael Gilligan Said:

Which version of iOS do you have on that iPad, Ian ?

MichaelG.

It tells me ‘your software is up to date’

This might be worth a look: https: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252812640?sortBy=best

The hardware will be limiting the latest version of iOS/iPadOS that can be installed

my iPad Pro 9.7” is now frozen on 16.7.4 and my original iPad was frozen on 5.1.1

the ‘phone managed the 17.2.1 update, but I don’t know if it will handle 18.n.n when that arrives.

… such is “progress”

MichaelG.

Harry Wilkes
            Participant
              @harrywilkes58467

Bill thanks for the tip but the whole thing was unreal I didn’t knowingly follow a bookmark definitely not a search engine it didn’t matter what discussion I tried to click on the logo page came up. Later in the day I retried and got in OK only to find it wouldn’t let me add an image so I tried posting the image separately it let me to a point but then got a pop saying the file was either in wrong format or to large. The file was png so I changed it to jpeg it then went OK This forum is like walking in crab pools on the beach you just don’t know what’s going to bite you next

Happy New Year everyone

H

JasonB
                @jasonb

Same old login problem this morning despite Andy hoping it was fixed. He is unlikely to look at it until at least Thursday now.

Nicholas Farr
                Participant
                  @nicholasfarr14254

Hi JasonB, logged in on my first attempt today, without any issue at all. So removing this site from the “Don’t Clear List” as I explained yesterday, seems to be working for me.

Regards Nick.

JasonB
                    @jasonb

Though that is hardly the point as a member should remain logged in and not have to log in every time they switch on their device.

Nicholas Farr
                    Participant
                      @nicholasfarr14254

Hi JasonB, not something I’ve ever done or wish to do.

Regards Nick.

Michael Gilligan
                      Participant
                        @michaelgilligan61133

Found a little more on the ipad issue, for IanP

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252514159?sortBy=best

Note: I have NO experience of it, but the software linked in that discussion looks like it may be useful to some.

MichaelG.

Graham Meek
                        Participant
                          @grahammeek88282

Peak 4,

Thank you for posting how to clear the individual cookies on Chrome.

I have been using the 24 hour “Chrome” clearance to gain access to the site, but it was not without its problems.

When I used your suggestion I found there were 14 Model Engineer cookies. Clearing these allowed direct access to the forum with no fiddling around with having to refresh the page.

I also note the Blue Icon has disappeared again, or is that to do with the site?

Regards

Gray,

Ian P
                          Participant
                            @ianp
                            On Michael Gilligan Said:

Found a little more on the ipad issue, for IanP

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252514159?sortBy=best

Note: I have NO experience of it, but the software linked in that discussion looks like it may be useful to some.

MichaelG.

Thanks Michael, I looked at the links but today discovered another complication that really puts a lid on the iPad matter. It has developed a hardware fault and it randomly goes into a frenzy! Left alone and not touched the iPad thinks its keyboard is being danced on by jittering monkeys. It flashes very rapidly through screen after screen of what looks like browsing history and apps.

I hate disposing of things but the designed obsolescence of this Apple device renders it valueless in practical or monetary terms.

Ian P

Michael Gilligan
                            Participant
                              @michaelgilligan61133

Shades of HAL in Kubrick’s 2001, Ian !

MichaelG.

Vic
                              Participant
                                @vic

Even adverts about adverts now!

IMG_8673

Oldiron
                                Participant
                                  @oldiron

Have logged in at last. I have been watching over the last couple of weeks to see how the updates have been going. I saw nothing that would tempt me back until today. BUT been trying to login several times today. Got kicked off a couple of times. Then the forum kept coming up wrong password. No idea why as the password is remembered in windows.  Had to try several times to get a new password but am now logged in. Hopefully it remembers me this time.

Still got the stupid captcha icon & consent preferences on the page though

Ian P
                                  Participant
                                    @ianp

I must be imagining things, but I am fairly sure the CookieYes icon was not present at the weekend

So it lts back now although it does now remember my choices

Ian P

Harry Wilkes
                                    Participant
                                      @harrywilkes58467
                                      On Oldiron Said:

Have logged in at last. I have been watching over the last couple of weeks to see how the updates have been going. I saw nothing that would tempt me back until today. BUT been trying to login several times today. Got kicked off a couple of times. Then the forum kept coming up wrong password. No idea why as the password is remembered in windows.  Had to try several times to get a new password but am now logged in. Hopefully it remembers me this time.

Still got the stupid captcha icon & consent preferences on the page though

Hi Oldiron as you can see not much has changed, for a couple of weeks I was unable to post or leave a comment but thats to a degree fixed but i still get so many silly things happen take yesterday would let me add image then it did only to say it was the wrong format or to large a file it was neither changed the file type from png to jpeg and it let me post the image (when I say it I refer to the software)

H

JasonB
                                        @jasonb

Login problem is back for me this morning. Probably tied in to the CookieYes Icon showing up again mid morning yesterday. as I was still logged in when I switched on yesterday morning.

Harry I’ve also had the image format message a few times. I’ve told them but nothing done yet.

JasonB
                                          @jasonb

Seems like Warco have listened to the members comments as we now have yet another Mortons advert at the top of the page.

Ian P
                                          Participant
                                            @ianp
                                            On JasonB Said:

Seems like Warco have listened to the members comments as we now have yet another Mortons advert at the top of the page.

Coffins and nails come to mind

Ian P

JasonB
                                              @jasonb

Sarik gone too, replaced by the fast changing Good Reads ad, Michael will be pleased

noel shelley
                                              Participant
                                                @noelshelley55608

Ian has said it ! Writing on the wall, we’re all doomed ! The only light at the end of the tunnel is the oncoming 9F with a full head of steam and NO brakes ! SAD but predictable ? Noel

Michael Gilligan
                                                Participant
                                                  @michaelgilligan61133
                                                  On JasonB Said:

Sarik gone too, replaced by the fast changing Good Reads ad, Michael will be pleased

That’s the slow version, on my screen,  Jason … relatively innocuous.

and [strangely enough] I am still seeing the sarik advert.

MichaelG.

P.S.

I am a struggling to read anything other than a desperate plea in the words of that current headline advert though:

“ Subscribe & Save MEW/ME “

JasonB
                                                    @jasonb

Sarik showing for me again now.

Like the PS but other recent threads seem to show subscribers going away. Repairing a carpet cleaner in latest ME won’t help that cause either.

What is your iphone showing, I got this today on Android

DSC04730

DSC04731

Michael Gilligan
                                                    Participant
                                                      @michaelgilligan61133

I will log-in on it shortly, but for starters:

IMG_9191

IMG_9192

MichaelG.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 298 total)