this is the worst site possible

Advert

this is the worst site possible

Home Forums Website Questions, Comments, and Suggestions this is the worst site possible

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 298 total)
  • Author
    Ian P
    Participant
      @ianp
      On John Haine Said:

Have got an Apple account?

Yes and I have iTunes on the PC

Ian P

Advert
      Michael Gilligan
      Participant
        @michaelgilligan61133

This might help, Ian

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204053

… if not, just ask and I’m sure one of us can point you in the right direction.

MichaelG.

websnail
        Participant
          @websnail

Hi, both my computers and my phone are on dark mode, they have to be for my eyes.

Thanks anyway.

JA
          Participant
            @ja

As suggested yesterday I cleared the cookies from Firefox just for five minutes of joy on this forum. A remarkably silly thing to do. I lost ease of access to a lot of important websites. I have just accessed the forum through the Microsoft Edge which I never use.

I could make many comments. But why?

As the poet said “The pump don’t work because the vandals took the handle”. So I will be drinking Burgundy until this hiatus is will and truly cleared.

JA

peak4
            Participant
              @peak4
              On JA Said:

As suggested yesterday I cleared the cookies from Firefox just for five minutes of joy on this forum. A remarkably silly thing to do. I lost ease of access to a lot of important websites. I have just accessed the forum through the Microsoft Edge which I never use.

I could make many comments. But why?

As the poet said “The pump don’t work because the vandals took the handle”. So I will be drinking Burgundy until this hiatus is will and truly cleared.

JA

Unfortunately a bit late for you now, but for future reference, you can just delete the cookies from a single site in Firefox (and probably most other browsers)
              Top right, select settings, then from the left hand side, Privacy & Security, scroll down to Cookies & Site Date, then Manage Data; N.B. Not Clear data.
              From there index on the first column and just delete the cookies from the required site

image_2023-12-30_222126414

Bill

Mark Rand
              Participant
                @markrand96270

Having used the Internet from the days when you had to compile gcc (24 hours) with the (limited) installed C compiler. Then  glib C (24 more hours) with  gcc. Then X (yet another 24 hours). Then compile Mosaic (another, further 24 hours), then use altavista.digital.com as the (only) search engine, I can’t be bothered about the odd second or five when loading a web page.

PS:- All times relevant to Sun 360 and Hewlett Packard 320 computers.

We’re really quite spoiled about what we can do on the Interwebs these days. Just think back to the times when one sent a postcard to a supplier that one had read about in ME, requesting a catalogue! 😀

Peter Greene
                Participant
                  @petergreene36336

Don’t really get your point, Mark. It’s simple progress which goes on in all walks of life. We are not “quite spoiled”.

David Ambrose
                  Participant
                    @davidambrose86182

If you click on the annoying Warco pop up ad it still doesn’t work (on my iPad).  I hope they are not paying for it.

duncan webster 1
                    Participant
                      @duncanwebster1

Warco works on my Android phone, rather too well with my clumsy fingers.

Howi
                      Participant
                        @howi
                        On Ian P Said:
                        On Maurice Taylor Said:

Hi, I can read those on my 12 year old iPad and my new iPad . The one I read was from 20 December.

Maurice

I have a 12 year old iPad (iPad 2, 64GB) which I was given as a birthday present. Its not been touched for 4 years and I would like to make some use of it but I cannot find any way to download apps from the App store. How do you manage with yours?

Ian P

You will be lucky!

I doubt you will be able to load any app now as your OS is too far out of date and cannot be updated.

It is now just a web browser + any existing apps you have that still work.

Welcome to the world of Apple.

I too have an old Ipad and an 11 year old IMac, the IMac now runs Windows 11.

I won’t be going back to MacOs.

Ian P
                        Participant
                          @ianp

Howi, Said

You will be lucky!

Which is why I asked how Maurice used his 12 year old iPad. My present understanding its that its only use nowadays is as an ornament (I did a factory reset so dont have any of my old apps on it).

Ian P

Michael Gilligan
                          Participant
                            @michaelgilligan61133

Which version of iOS do you have on that iPad, Ian ?

MichaelG.

Michael Gilligan
                            Participant
                              @michaelgilligan61133

Just to add to the pool of evidence:

I logged-in, easily and quickly, this morning whilst out for my walk in the rain. … using DuckDuckGo on an iPhone

MichaelG.

JasonB
                                @jasonb

Your Honour following my learned friend’s recent disclosure above I just logged out and tried to get back in.

At least there is a message there now saying there are problems which there indeed are as I was once again in the loop not knowing if I was in or out and had to again resort to logging in via WordPress.

So on that evidence I would say it is still Fooked.

As I said early on it does not look like Darren has been able to sort it so will have to wait for Andy to return on Wednesday as it was obviously not thought urgent enough to call him in from stand by. They have not even bothered to lift the “accidental” ban on pour old Frances yet which is a couple of clicks for those with the access level.

Harry Wilkes
                                Participant
                                  @harrywilkes58467

Made several attempts to get on the forum this morning but was unable to thought I was on the lego forum attempted to post screen shot but was unable to ‘load image’

H

Harry Wilkes
                                  Participant
                                    @harrywilkes58467

404png

Its now let me post image

H

Ian P
                                    Participant
                                      @ianp
                                      On Michael Gilligan Said:

Which version of iOS do you have on that iPad, Ian ?

MichaelG.

It tells me ‘your software is up to date’

I am a very not an Apple person (also just recently gone off HP printers too)

Ian P

P.S. Actually it is only one HP printer and it may be that other low cost all-in-one’s from other manufacturers have similar features, restrictions and tie-in’s so that its not quite as multifunctional as I would expect.

peak4
                                      Participant
                                        @peak4
                                        On JasonB Said:

Your Honour following my learned friend’s recent disclosure above I just logged out and tried to get back in.

At least there is a message there now saying there are problems which there indeed are as I was once again in the loop not knowing if I was in or out and had to again resort to logging in via WordPress.

So on that evidence I would say it is still Fooked.

As I said early on it does not look like Darren has been able to sort it so will have to wait for Andy to return on Wednesday as it was obviously not thought urgent enough to call him in from stand by. They have not even bothered to lift the “accidental” ban on pour old Frances yet which is a couple of clicks for those with the access level.

Jason, just been having a play with this; sorry for lots of screenshots, but it might help other users to see what log-in state they are in;

I normally use Opera, so logged out, and back in again. This led me into the endless loop.
                                        Note that the notice is pale green claiming it’s cured, whereas the previous warning was red.
                                        Also note that this is the very first screen after hitting the log-in link, and that there is nowhere to enter a user name or password; it jumps straight here, so you’re not really logged in.

Login False Opera

Next I opened a different browser, Pale Moon in this case, and pressed the log-in link
                                        This time, I got the opportunity to supply my credentials, and was able to log in successfully.

Login-Pale Moon

Now back to Opera, where I was stuck in the endless loop, as per the first screenshot; Follow the advice in the green box, and clear Opera’s cookies.
                                        N.B. Only clear the cookies for this site, not all browser cookies.
                                        I replied to an earlier post on this about Firefox cookies, but this screenshot is specific to Opera; other browsers will have a similar setting.

Login Opera Cookies

I repeat again, only clear cookies for this site.
                                        Having done so, I then refreshed my log-in on Opera, and received the correct log-in screen to enter password etc.

Login Opera Pass

As you can see, I’m now back in and posting this reply from Opera browser, so clearing this site’s cookies cured the problem.
                                        All is sweetness and light
                                        Happy New Year

Bill

peak4
                                        Participant
                                          @peak4

Next post for Firefox cookies
                                          From top right, navigate to Settings as per this screenshot

image_2023-12-31_140657170

N.B. Open Manage Data NOT Clear Data

Index on Site, Find this site’s URL and Remove Selected NOT Remove All Save Changess

image_2023-12-31_141132234

Hopefully you will now be able to log in again, without losing all your other cookies.

Bill

Ady1
                                          Participant
                                            @ady1

Just a bit more fettling and she’ll run like a nut

The various monster banners when you first arrive are kinda irritating though

At least we can all get together and have a good moan now, so things are definitely improving

JasonB
                                              @jasonb

It was still the red notice when I posted earlier, still did not get in with the green until I deleted ME cookies but then got in.

Tony Pratt 1
                                              Participant
                                                @tonypratt1
                                                On Ady1 Said:

Just a bit more fettling and she’ll run like a nut

Oh that did make me chuckle! 🙂

Tony

peak4
                                                Participant
                                                  @peak4

To Clear this site’s cookies from Chrome; This is at your own risk, but it works for me

Top Right, Settings, Privacy & Security, Third Party Cookies.
                                                  N.B. Do Not select Clear Browsing Data

image_2023-12-31_142925193

See All Site Data & Permissions

image_2023-12-31_143329603 Find this site, but Do Not Delete all Data, just bin this site

image_2023-12-31_143647333

image_2023-12-31_143927677

Bill

peak4
                                                  Participant
                                                    @peak4

To Clear this site’s cookies from Microsoft Edge; at your own risk, this works for me

Top Right, Settings, Cookies & Site Permissions, N.B. Not Privacy, Search & Services
                                                    Cookies & Data Stored, See All Cookies and Site Data

image_2023-12-31_145428805

N/B. Do Not “Remove All”, just bin this site

image_2023-12-31_145920555

Bill

peak4
                                                    Participant
                                                      @peak4
                                                      On Harry Wilkes Said:

404png

Its now let me post image

H

Henry, I believe that is where you arrive if you follow a bookmarked, or search engine , link to the old forum.

Bill

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 298 total)