The Sunday bazar

Advert

The Sunday bazar

Home Forums The Tea Room The Sunday bazar

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Sonic Escape
    Participant
      @sonicescape38234
      On SillyOldDuffer Said:

Impressive, not seen anything in the UK that good in this century.   Have to hire a van and take a holiday in Rumania!  I expect customs would want loads of paperwork though.

Actually I plan a trip the other way around 🙂 I would like to see some museums in London and on the return flight I’ll fill a luggage to the 30kg limit with all kind of steel stock (A2, O2, Pb steel) and other goodies. You have a lot of nice stuff available and it cost too much to order them individually.

Advert
      Sonic Escape
      Participant
        @sonicescape38234

Today I found an interesting micrometer. You can plug a dial indicator on the left end. The left anvil is spring loaded. So it can be used in many ways. I noticed that many times I don’t care about absolute values, instead I want to know only if two diameters are precisely equal. With this thing I can compare parts over a wider range than a usual 25mm span micrometer.

I bought also one more 2μm dial indicator. I can’t help myself when I see one. The tip of this micrometer is transparent, like glass.

Michael Gilligan
        Participant
          @michaelgilligan61133
          On Sonic Escape Said:
          Today I found an interesting micrometer.  […]
          The tip of this micrometer is transparent, like glass.

Sounds you found a Gem [if I may say so]

MichaelG.

Sonic Escape
          Participant
            @sonicescape38234

Today I visited the flea market in Catania, Sicily. I found two new candidates for a citric acid bath.
            20240818_100157

But except this nothing interesting. Only Parkside style tools. At 8:30 people started to leave, is very hot here!

20240818_08072020240818_081409

20240818_080945

20240818_084009

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)