The MEW Archive is Fully Up and Running

Advert

The MEW Archive is Fully Up and Running

Home Forums Website Announcements The MEW Archive is Fully Up and Running

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Neil Wyatt
      @neilwyatt

I'd like to make sure that all digital and print and digital subscribers know that the digital archive has been restored, right back to issue one.

Restored? It's completely revamped! The new archive is much faster and easier to use, to my eye the quality of issues is better. There is no longer any need to use Adobe flash or an alternative to view older issues.

You can also download pdfs of the online issues, there is a simple selector that allows you to tick a box to select all pages to download a whole issue. I know this has been a much requested feature, but even better, or you can also highlight a selection, such as a single article if this is your need. Ideal for putting an article onto a tablet to take it into your workshop.

There is also a clipping function so you can select plans, for example, and save them to your computer or print them out.

In my view Mortons have come up with an excellent solution, personally I find it as good as the Pocketmags viewer for recent issues, at least on a desktop computer.

Print only subscribers can contact customer services about adding digital to their subscription if they wish.

Neil

I haven't checked every issue, myself, if anyone spots a missing issue or corrupted one, please let me know.

Edit: typo

Edited By Neil Wyatt on 14/09/2022 13:23:48

Advert
      Neil Wyatt
        @neilwyatt
        JasonB
          @jasonb
          Posted by Neil Wyatt on 14/09/2022 13:23:23:

Restored? It's completely revamped! The new archive is much faster and easier to use, to my eye the quality of issues is better. There is no longer any need to use Adobe flash or an alternative to view older issues.

The newer mags may be better but several members have said the older ones are certainly not, no doubt due to the source not being particularly good quality. As the rest seem to have been converted OK why could this not be done with the older ones

Neil Wyatt
            @neilwyatt
            Posted by JasonB on 14/09/2022 13:46:28:

Posted by Neil Wyatt on 14/09/2022 13:23:23:

The newer mags may be better but several members have said the older ones are certainly not, no doubt due to the source not being particularly good quality. As the rest seem to have been converted OK why could this not be done with the older ones

The problem was sourcing PDFs of older issues.

The recent issues are digitally generated PDFs from the proofs, the older issues have to be scanned with the limitations of that process, especially when dealing with thirty year old magazines.

Neil

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)