The Day Coal Dies

Advert

The Day Coal Dies

Home Forums The Tea Room The Day Coal Dies

Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Vic
    Participant
      @vic
      On Nealeb Said:

The pop-up I see on both Android tablet and PC comes from the Times/Sunday Times web site, and is when it hits the paywall. If you have already said yes to cookies from this site (or actually have a subscription) then you will not see it. I would guess that if you have accepted the advertising cookies from that site via any other route and you are trying to reach the site from the same browser, then that would get through the barrier as well.

Never like this when web sites were coal-fired…

It’s strange but I haven’t subscribed or accepted any cookies but it’s still visible on my iPad.

IMG_2114

Advert
      V8Eng
      Participant
        @v8eng
        On Vic Said:
        On Nealeb Said:

The pop-up I see on both Android tablet and PC comes from the Times/Sunday Times web site, and is when it hits the paywall. If you have already said yes to cookies from this site (or actually have a subscription) then you will not see it. I would guess that if you have accepted the advertising cookies from that site via any other route and you are trying to reach the site from the same browser, then that would get through the barrier as well.

Never like this when web sites were coal-fired…

It’s strange but I haven’t subscribed or accepted any cookies but it’s still visible on my iPad.

IMG_2114

Perhaps (like me) you have news+ on your iPad?

Not sure but I think the Times may be part of that.

Michael Gilligan
        Participant
          @michaelgilligan61133

I wonder if it is cached on your Pad, Vic ?

I now get the pop-up … but I’ve cleared the News ‘History’ since I first posted the link.

MichaelG.

Post crossed with V8’s

Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)