The BIG St Albans Model Show

Advert

The BIG St Albans Model Show

Home Forums Exhibitions, Shows and Club Events The BIG St Albans Model Show

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bazyle
    Participant
      @bazyle

The St Albans and District Model Engineering Society is again holding a big model show at the end of September, 23rd and 24th to be precise.
      Featuring Model Locomotives and Model Boats and Meccano and Model Traction Engines and Model Trucks and Lego and lots of other attractions.

Our show is very much aimed at getting new modellers interested in the various branches of the hobby not just classical model engineering. We have lots of opportunities for children to get hands on trying out radio controlled models and other things that move.

There are demonstrations of drones, two ride on railways (free), build a plane, try a steering a boat, try a robot, see live steam engines in a range of sizes, plastic and metal modelling to suit everyone's budget.

Advert
      Bazyle
      Participant
        @bazyle

St Albans MES show in September

Bazyle
        Participant
          @bazyle

On my way to set up for the show this evening with a car full of tools etc for the club shop I passed a sign saying it was |"car free day. walk or cycle". Hum kind of too late to have such a sign directed at the moving traffic.

I wonder how I could have got all that stuff there without a car. Wheelbarrow? Perhaps the days of such shows are numbered.

Bazyle
          Participant
            @bazyle

Here we go again folks, another great show lined up for modellers and kids of all ages. Great day out for family with a huge range of things, including Boats, steam engines, Meccano, and the cafe for lunch or other refreshments during the day. This Sat and Sun 28 & 29 Sept.

Info here

The BIG St.Albans Model Show 2024

Bazyle
            Participant
              @bazyle

Lots of models on display but building a club G1 and 16mm track a couple of years ago has encouraged people to join and existing members to branch out.
              20240928_160810

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)