THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE AS THE WEBSITE IS BEING WORKED ON

Advert

THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE AS THE WEBSITE IS BEING WORKED ON

Home Forums Website Announcements THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE AS THE WEBSITE IS BEING WORKED ON

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Michael Gilligan
    Participant
      @michaelgilligan61133
      On JasonB Said:

Jason and Dave no longer have the ability to delete anyone.

In the circumstances, I’m sure you are thankful for that, Jason

… The ICO will be the arbiter of where-the-buck-stops

https://ico.org.uk/

https://ico.org.uk/about-the-ico/what-we-do/register-of-fee-payers/

MichaelG.

Advert
      Michael Gilligan
      Participant
        @michaelgilligan61133

I have no intention of becoming ‘involved’ in this matter, but will be fascinated to see how it develops.

The ICO has not yet made many enforcements [details are on the web-site], but seems to be heading in the right direction.

Simple guidance, in Plain English, for the Public is an excellent demonstration of that.

Example: __ https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/your-right-to-get-your-data-deleted/

MichaelG.

Mark Rand
        Participant
          @markrand96270

Frankly, throwing one’s teddy out of the pram and demanding that everything one posted on a forum be deleted is a very selfish and childish thing to do…

John Doe 2
          Participant
            @johndoe2
            On Harry Wilkes Said:

Dave earlier this evening I attempted to reply to your post only to be shut out with a error 403,  I frankly [can’t] be bothered to rewrite it…….

H

For what it’s worth, if this or similar ever happens to you – where a post you have written “disappears” and a error page appears – then, BEFORE you click anything else, simply tap the ‘back’ button on your browser; = blue ‘<‘ on Apple Safari.

Usually this will take you back to the page you were on before, and usually, all your text will still be there.

On some websites – as an extra precaution if I have written a long post – I tap ‘select all’ and then ‘copy’ my own text. Then, if anything goes wrong during the uploading, I still have a copy of all my text which I can ‘paste’ back into the reply box and try uploading again.

File Handle
            Participant
              @filehandle

John
              From past experiences I do a similar think, but still tend to use the keyboard short cuts rather than the menu. Old habits are hard to break.

I thought from a court case I remember that once you post something the ownership resides with the site owner, the ability to remove something seems at odds with this.

David Ambrose
              Participant
                @davidambrose86182

Well……suddenly everything has speeded up (at least on my iPad).  It seems much more usable.  Is there light at the end of the tunnel?

David-Clark 1
                Participant
                  @david-clark1

Hi Michael

The rate this is progressing, it will certainly be the longest topic on the site and most probably the last.

Colin Bishop
                    @colinbishop34627

Tried to respond to Colin Bishop’s post saying that after checking out model boats I would not describe this forum a tad slow compared with Model Boats I’d say it dead slow !

Not been on for a day or so but response times for me don’t seem to be too bad.

Harry Wilkes
                    Participant
                      @harrywilkes58467

John what you suggesting doesn’t work after error 403 page when you return to the previous page your text as disappeared I did however when I’d written my last post copy it before hitting submit

H

Mick B1
                      Participant
                        @mickb1

I posted a photo in the ‘Gun Blue’ thread. This shows in the monitor display on our desktop PC (still running W7), but not in my Android smartphone or Chromebook displays – there’s an icon with the filename instead there.

Is there anything I’m doing or not doing that causes this?

JasonB
                          @jasonb

Not sure Mick, It is OK on my W10 PC and Android phone, assuming it is the cannon you posted last night.

Mick B1
                          Participant
                            @mickb1
                            On JasonB Said:

Not sure Mick, It is OK on my W10 PC and Android phone, assuming it is the cannon you posted last night.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, it’s the cannon.

Duh… now it shows on the phone – I haven’t done anything there I’m aware of, so dunno why.

Oh well. I’ll wait a bit longer before bleating next time. 🙂

Grindstone Cowboy
                            Participant
                              @grindstonecowboy

Mick – possibly (but probably not) the page hadn’t refreshed properly. I sometimes get this after updating a website I look after for a club. Handy tip is to press F5 (function key number 5) which forces a refresh of the page on most browsers, or click on the circular arrow icon usually found near the address bar.

Rob

David-Clark 1
                              Participant
                                @david-clark1

I got a strange message yesterday from this site.

I clicked on it and it took me to Mortons temp staging url and asked me to log in.

Very weird.IMG_1117

Ian Parkin
                                Participant
                                  @ianparkin39383

Well I’m sitting on a boat in a norweigen fjord and its working better than it did back in yorkshire

Michael Gilligan
                                  Participant
                                    @michaelgilligan61133

This may [or may not] be relevant, David
                                    https://www.temporary-url.com/

MichaelG.

Ian P
                                    Participant
                                      @ianp

Not sure what this is all about but I received an email yesterday

———————————————————————————————————————-

From: WordPress [noreply@model-engineer.co.uk]

Subject: [Model Engineer & Model Engineers Workshop] Andy replied to one of your forum discussions

and the body text stated,

Andy replied to the discussion New forum problems in the forum New Forum Software questions, comments and Test Threads:

Andy

test 1234

——————————————————————————————————————–

The italicised text in the last sentence above are all links that take me to a Morton’s page

https//mortononline.staging.tempurl.host
                                      https://mortonsonline.staging.tempurl.host/me/forums/topic/new-forum-problems/

Using either of the links takes me to a page asking me to login ‘although your password is usually different to your WordPress Login’.

At the bottom of the email is an option for me to ‘unsubscribe’, but that too require me to Login but I’m not sure what to, so its all a bit weird.

Why would someone called Andy trigger a email to me anyway?
                                      Ian P

David-Clark 1
                                      Participant
                                        @david-clark1

Same as what I received.

Dougie Swan
                                        Participant
                                          @dougieswan43463

Here’s my tuppeny worth

The site is atrocious

Navigation is a nightmare, I have two new messages that are over a year out of date, I came here tonight looking to find out about article reprints but gave up

I agree with the comments above about new articles, I offered an article on an IC engine I built but was rejected as I had posted on HMEM

As I said, just my tuppenyworth

Dougie

Ian P
                                          Participant
                                            @ianp
                                            On David-Clark 1 Said:

Same as what I received.

Did yours also refer to Andy?

I wonder if lots of participants got them

Ian P

David-Clark 1
                                            Participant
                                              @david-clark1

Yes, Andy. Obviously a mistake. Perhaps they are trying to modify the site using a staging site?

bernard towers
                                              Participant
                                                @bernardtowers37738

why is classified adds such a pain to use you haven’t even split up for sale and wanted let alone put suject lists. And to top it all the  latest forum is not

JasonB
                                                  @jasonb

Two red buttons at the bottom will split it into sales or wants

Journeyman
                                                  Participant
                                                    @journeyman

If you mean these

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 18-48-20 Classifieds Model Engineer & Model Engineers Workshop

They don’t appear to be buttons, just flags as to how many Sales or Wanted

AH! – cracked it you have to click on the text not the big red bit 😕

John

Michael Gilligan
                                                    Participant
                                                      @michaelgilligan61133

John,

The text is a hyperlink

MichaelG.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 95 total)