TEST THREAD

Advert

TEST THREAD

Viewing 6 posts - 126 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    Peter Greene
    Participant
      @petergreene36336
      Posted by Hopper on 21/01/2023 03:35:39:

Ooh Look at that. The fourth option Imgur offers, labelled "HTML (Website/blogs) works and posts an actual picture, below. Sooooooooo much quicker and easier than tediously and painfully slowly uploading pics to this site and then linking to the album and so on.

A problem in the past with linking to external sites for pics is that you have no guarantee that the link will last beyond the next re-vamp of that site. Or suddenly they want money for hosting your pics – where it was free before – and you decide not to bother. etc

I agree it's a pain here but it is reliable (as reliable as the poster wants it to be).

Advert
      Hopper
      Participant
        @hopper
        Posted by Peter Greene 🇨🇦 on 21/01/2023 20:07:52:

Posted by Hopper on 21/01/2023 03:35:39:

Ooh Look at that. The fourth option Imgur offers, labelled "HTML (Website/blogs) works and posts an actual picture, below. Sooooooooo much quicker and easier than tediously and painfully slowly uploading pics to this site and then linking to the album and so on.

A problem in the past with linking to external sites for pics is that you have no guarantee that the link will last beyond the next re-vamp of that site. Or suddenly they want money for hosting your pics – where it was free before – and you decide not to bother. etc

I agree it's a pain here but it is reliable (as reliable as the poster wants it to be).

Yes I got caught like that in the Photobucket fiasco. Some people never learn!

Peter Greene
        Participant
          @petergreene36336

What's really needed here is that, once you insert a picture from your album to a post, it gets incorporated as part of the post itself in addition to your album. Don't think it will happen though … storage space would increase and something would have to be done about the marching morons who never edit their quotes from a post they are responding to but quote everything (including a dozen pictures) to add a one-liner.

Andy II
          Participant
            @andyii

Just a second post so I can reply to a classified ad

Taf_Pembs
            Participant
              @taf_pembs

I just tried to reply to this thread with a YouTube video embedded via the Insert/Edit Link button (the only option I can see).

Clicked Submit

This is the result –

ME_Forum_Error_1

So it was the attempt to embed a video that blew away my update to the Chester Super Lux thread.

Any clue on how are we supposed to do this then?

JasonB
                @jasonb

You don’t need to use the insert/link icon or embed it as previously.

Just copy the url from the top of your browser when viewing the video on Youtube or click “share” below the video and copy the url. You can then simply paste the url into your reply

See here

Viewing 6 posts - 126 through 131 (of 131 total)