Teesside Model Engineers

Advert

Teesside Model Engineers

Home Forums Model engineering club news Teesside Model Engineers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ian Lockwood 2
    Participant
      @ianlockwood2

Are there any local model engineering clubs to me in Stockton On Tees. I have found a club in Tyneside and one in Sunderland but looking for something more local.

Thanks

Ian

Advert
      Ian Lockwood 2
      Participant
        @ianlockwood2

Local Clubs?

John Rudd
        Participant
          @johnrudd16576

Ian,

Do you have the details of the Tyneside one plz? I live up at that way now….being new to the area too..

Ta. yes

Edited By John Rudd on 18/03/2019 15:10:12

Brian Wood
          Participant
            @brianwood45127

Ian,

There is one at Darlington with their HQ at Tees Cottage Pumping Station on Connistone Road. I don't have any other details but they should be easy enough to find.

Regards

Brian

mechman48
            Participant
              @mechman48

I know of the one at Teess cottage pumping station but its more aligned to locos when I paid it a visit last year. I live at Marton & would like to correspond with anyone in the same locale, Nunthorpe, Ormesby ?

George.

the artfull-codger
              Participant
                @theartfull-codger

Ian, there are 3 locally, as above cleveland which is based in darlington pumping station, south Durham which is in hurworth grange [I was chairman there a long time ago] and one in preston park, teesside small guage railway,there was one in albert park middlesbrough where I was a member it was a really good club but now sadly gone a lot of yrs ago,it went downhill when north yorks moors railway started & lost lots of members, I only live in north yorks a few miles from stockton.

Graham.

Ian Lockwood 2
                Participant
                  @ianlockwood2
                  Posted by John Rudd on 18/03/2019 15:09:57:

Ian,

Do you have the details of the Tyneside one plz? I live up at that way now….being new to the area too..

Ta. yes

Edited By John Rudd on 18/03/2019 15:10:12

Hi John,

The club I found is Tyneside Society of Model & Experimental Engineers http://www.tsmee.co.uk/

Ian

Bazyle
                  Participant
                    @bazyle

Try your local Men's shed. They might not be metal oriented at the moment but probably have some members who are interested as it is an industrial area. You could use them as a base and put an advert on here to ask more MEs to come along.

Same applies to the Tees Cottage situation. Just because they have a track it doesn't mean that is all they do and if you only talk to the engine driver when he is busy firing the loco he is naturally going to be rather preoccupied with that and not able to give you the bigger picture.

Middlesbrough Men's Shed

Bradhope Road, Middlesbrough TS3 7BG, United Kingdom

We are open every Tuesday morning from 10am – 12pm. Sarah Marrison or Laura Ince-Henry Groundwork North East and Cumbria 01642 815663

Former Member
                    Participant
                      @formermember19781

[This posting has been removed]

Peter Simpson 1
                      Participant
                        @petersimpson1

You are not a million miles from the Ryedale Model engineering railway at Gilling East, They must have one of the best if not the best GL5 railways in England. They run steam trains most week ends between Easter to September. Twice a year they run main line days with 30- 40, 5"gauge Steam and Diesel loco running a strict time table. A brilliant time to see the best loco's you will see anywhere.

Former Member
                        Participant
                          @formermember19781

[This posting has been removed]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)