Tampier : Flying Car

Advert

Tampier : Flying Car

Home Forums The Tea Room Tampier : Flying Car

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Gilligan
    Participant
      @michaelgilligan61133

In my occasional voyage of discovery regarding Bloctube Controls of Aylesbury … I stumbled across this page, which might be of general interest on this wet Saturday:

https://www.flyingcarsandfoodpills.com/ren-tampier—another-first-flying-car

Tampier invented the Bloctube carburettor

What a tangled web !

MichaelG.

Advert
      JA
      Participant
        @ja

Michael

Thank you. Very interesting.

As for the question at the end of the article, does it make Rene Tampier the originator of the flying car? I doubt it but his aeroplane was obviously well thought out and worked well. It is a good example of the move to general aviation that was a necessity after WW1 although it looked back to the military. Others, such as de Havilland, did it better and ignored the car side of the idea.

JA

Diogenes
        Participant
          @diogenes

Thank you Michael; I’ll save that one – it’s fine here (Cotswolds), but starting to look interesting – lots of high mares-tails and the barometer is dropping in large steps.. ..

Harry Wilkes
          Participant
            @harrywilkes58467

Very interesting Michael

H

<script src=”moz-extension://47cb7401-7907-4033-9172-9608686fb294/js/app.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>

Speedy Builder5
            Participant
              @speedybuilder5

It was a way of clearing the road of cyclists, pedestrians and others with that large prop spinning round ??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)