Steering Wheel

Advert

Steering Wheel

Home Forums Beginners questions Steering Wheel

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ken heppener
    Participant
      @kenheppener64998
      Hi All…Can anyone suggest a suppliers for the 1″ Traction Engine Minnie Steering Wheel…..I have tried the usual places without success…..After many years of inactivity I have finally decided to complete this model….Many Thanks
      Advert
      ken heppener
      Participant
        @kenheppener64998
        JasonB
          @jasonb
          I don’t think castings were available for it, machine from solid or fabricate. Or maybe try a brake handwheel from a larger engine, something like the 2″ Burrell Gold Medal Tractor that MJ Eng do.

Jason
          John Weight
          Participant
            @johnweight34532
            Hi Ken
            There was a casting available for the Minnie steering wheel some years back when I bought the bits to build mine, I obtained all the parts from Blackgates Engineering
            http://www.blackgates.co.uk  or phone 01924 466000 They still advertise the Minnie on the web but no list of parts, so perhaps a quick phone call might be best.
            regards John
            JasonB
              @jasonb
              I didn’t bother looking in blackgates as you said you had tried the usual places and I machined mine from solid. Yes its listed in Blackgates catalogue as a lost wax casting for about £6.00

Jason
              Stewart Hart
              Participant
                @stewarthart90345
                Hi Ken

I made my own all you need is a rotary table

If you look at my photos I’ve added an album for the reversing wheel I made for my loco a little smaler than the mini wheel but gives you an idea of what you can do.

Cheers

Stew 

Edited By Stewart Hart on 08/10/2009 20:40:47

ken heppener
                Participant
                  @kenheppener64998
                  Thank you all for the info…..I too had thought about blackgates but dismissed it when I saw no mention of it listed …But having seen your pictures Stewart I think I might even go that way too….Thank you all….Ken.
                  Ian S C
                  Participant
                    @iansc

Hi Stewart,no problem with chuck falling out?When I started milling I didn’t know anything about collet chucks,and half way through my first job the jacobs chuck fell out,the job survived(sort of)the 1/4″ slot drill survived,I got a collet chuck with draw bar.Nice wee wheel.If a method works for you (or me) its ok even if some would say you can’t do it that way hi.IAN S C

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)