Steam Boat Ban

Advert

Steam Boat Ban

Home Forums Model Boats Steam Boat Ban

Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Neil Wyatt
      @neilwyatt

Thanks to the moderator who spotted and cleaned up the mess, and apologies to anyone else who was offended.

The member in question has recieved a suitable response.

Neil

Edited By Neil Wyatt on 15/01/2015 12:48:08

Advert
      Roger Williams 2
      Participant
        @rogerwilliams2

About the madness of the disgusting way a man was treated lying face down in a shallow pond, there was a similar incident in Somerset a couple of years back when ambulance crews refused to help a passer by supporting a drowning person in a deep ditch, because of health and safety. A policeman turned up in a car, and without hesitation , jumped in to try and help. They got the person to safety, but to no avail. The judge summing up at the inquest, said something like " in times gone by, people helped each other without regard to their own safety, not any more. " How sad.

ChrisH
        Participant
          @chrish

Neil,

It was kind of you to apologise for offensive posts, but you cannot prevent anyone posting unsuitable comments, other than banning them if they persist, you can only remove the posts and give the offender a suitable warning which has been done in this instance.

Brilliant!

(The time of night they were posted was maybe significant? Who knows? Who cares!)

Chris

JasonB
            @jasonb

And don't forget there is a report flag at the bottom of all posts, I was surprized nobody had clicked that but maybe I was up earlier than most. There has been a lot of activity on the forum lately so it is not always easy to read every thread so a report will get our attention sooner.

As for posting time I did not look but probably about quater past closing time.

J

Edited By JasonB on 15/01/2015 16:07:46

Steven Vine
            Participant
              @stevenvine79904
              Posted by JasonB on 15/01/2015 16:06:20:

And don't forget there is a report flag at the bottom of all posts, I was surprized nobody had clicked that but maybe I was up earlier than most.

Hi Jason

FWIW … the 'report flag' option only appears if you are logged on as a member. There is no option if you are not logged in.

I saw those posts last night, thought the language was a bit strong, but was not offended as I hear that stuff all the time. The language is out of place on this Forum though (says he who let the F word slip one time and was quite rightly hauled over the coals).

Steve

Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)