Spiders

Advert

Spiders

Home Forums The Tea Room Spiders

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    old fool
    Participant
      @old-fool

Can I ask a silly question? Do spiders eat people? The reason I ask is I’ve not been able to get into the workshop for a couple of weeks. When I went in there this morning I had to fight my way through cobwebs. If they don’t want to eat me why do they block my passage?

Daft answers accepted

Bob

Advert
      Speedy Builder5
      Participant
        @speedybuilder5

It’s been a bad year for us humans, I seem to have to get the ‘hoover’ out each week to suck the blighters up.  Not just the workshop, in the house as well.

I would like to know what deters them from taking over our homes.

Bob

Michael Gilligan
        Participant
          @michaelgilligan61133

Be afraid, Bob!

This could be you:

https://youtu.be/tunSzrM8LYY?feature=shared

MichaelG.

pgk pgk
          Participant
            @pgkpgk17461

Food is one of the primary motivators of any organism. If they’re trying to keep you out then likely it’s due to a recent increase in the use of fly cutters…

pgk

not done it yet
            Participant
              @notdoneityet

I abide by the old adage of ”If you wish to live and thrive, let a spider run alive”

At least there are not many spiders, in the UK, that bite us.

Webs of many types are generally useful, so why not cobwebs?

Hopper
              Participant
                @hopper
                On Speedy Builder5 Said:

I would like to know what deters them from taking over our homes.

Bob

Chemicals. I let off a couple of aerosol ” cockroach bombs” in my workshop twice a year to keep the insect/ arachnid population down. Same in the house. Otherwise, yes they will take over.

Haven’t come across any human eating spiders but we have tarantulas that eat birds here in the tropics. In Africa I heard tell of flesh eating camel spiders that allegedly would anaesthetise and eat the lips of sleeping drunks lying on the ground so always ensured I made it to the safety of my bed. You only had to keep the blankets off the floor so the 4 inch scorpions couldn’t climb up there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)