Sending Unpleasant Personal Messages

Advert

Sending Unpleasant Personal Messages

Home Forums Website Announcements Sending Unpleasant Personal Messages

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Neil Wyatt
      @neilwyatt

Over the last few months I have received a number of reports of 'unpleasant' personal messages being sent.

Some of these have been resolved, others didn't have any specific details.

The personal message system is not a way to escalate any disagreements in the open forum.

Sending rude, bullying or abusive messages via personal messages is not allowed and will not be tolerated.

It is not right that any forum member should have to feel anxious if they see their PM envelope flashing.

If you have received or receive any personal messages of this kind, please don't hesitate to contact one of the moderators.

Thank you,

Neil

Advert
      Neil Wyatt
        @neilwyatt
        Brian H
        Participant
          @brianh50089

Neil, it's very nice to know that someone is looking out for this totally unnecessary abuse, thank you.

Brian

Tony Pratt 1
          Participant
            @tonypratt1

It is beyond my understanding that someone would send abusive personal messages, this is only a hobby forum after allcryingsad

Tony

Michael Gilligan
            Participant
              @michaelgilligan61133

Thanks, Neil

… I have had my share over recent years, but things seem to have calmed-down.

MichaelG.

Ron Laden
              Participant
                @ronladen17547

I must be naive I would never have imagined that to be happening, I am amazed it does. For me anyone found to be sending that type of personal message should be instantly banned from the forum for life.

Ron

Howard Lewis
                Participant
                  @howardlewis46836

From time to time, posters do have disagreements, sometimes quite strongly, but abuse either public or in private should not be tolerated.

The Forum is supposed to be a meeting place for folk with a common interest in the whole hobby of Model Engineering, to be interested in, and where possible, assist, the activities of others.

I fully agree with Ron Laden.

Anyone who abuses another Forum member should be banned; permanently..

Howard

Oldiron
                  Participant
                    @oldiron

I have never had that happen to me on this forum. I cannot see how attacking someone for their views can help any thing. I did get some really vile messages on the old Boxford forum when I suggested a few changes I thought might help improve some aspects of it. Some on my email which could only have been revealed by the mods. Soon left there and never went back.

regards

Neil Wyatt
                      @neilwyatt

Hopefully this is rare, but I know it is not unknown.

Most forum users want to get along with others, even if we disagree at times.

Neil

Harry Wilkes
                      Participant
                        @harrywilkes58467
                        Posted by Neil Wyatt on 11/03/2021 18:07:34:

Hopefully this is rare, but I know it is not unknown.

Most forum users want to get along with others, even if we disagree at times.

Neil

yes

H

oldvelo
                        Participant
                          @oldvelo

Unfortunately a very small minority do not understand that this forums mission is to attack the problems not the person.

Lively debate from opposing point of view make intresting reading.

Eric

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)