Pump-type oil gun that doesn’t leak?

Advert

Pump-type oil gun that doesn’t leak?

Home Forums Workshop Tools and Tooling Pump-type oil gun that doesn’t leak?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    icon
    Participant
      @icon

And that doesn’t need a mortgage to buy? I’ve been using a hopeless pump oil gun for years, to get oil into the sprung ball bearing fittings on my Myford lathe. Most just leaks all over the shop. I’ve occasionally looked at what seems to be the only worthwhile alternative, the (now) 80 quid Wanner gun that Myford and RDG sell. Is this really the only option, or has the community discovered something cheaper that works? Do I need to stop being so tight?

Advert
      Roderick Jenkins
      Participant
        @roderickjenkins93242

I’ve got one of these  Press Parts oil gun

I bought it after recommendation and it works fine. Several Myford users have given good reviews on the Press Parts Web site.

Rod

Dave Wootton
        Participant
          @davewootton

+1 for the press parts oil gun, mines a good few years old now and still fully continent, it’s the older one that does grease and oil, theres a newer black finished oil only gun on their website, although my old one works perfectly. I put up with the horrid Myford one for years, and tried several others before seeing the PP one recommended, by now must have saved enough leaked oil to have almost paid for it!

Dave

Mark Rand
          Participant
            @markrand96270

80 quid?? 35-40 (+VAT) from Stephens. Other dealers are available.

Oddly enough, I’ve got a Tecalemit oilier for the BCA jig borer which looks almost identical to the one supplied by Myfords for decades and it puts all of the oil into the bearings and none of it anywhere else. They are ball headed oilers instead of Myfords original flat topped ones though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)