Printing from Digital Archive

Advert

Printing from Digital Archive

Home Forums Subscription issues and Digital magazines Printing from Digital Archive

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    MC Black 2
    Participant
      @mcblack2
      Advert
      MC Black 2
      Participant
        @mcblack2

I'm currently a Print Subscriber

I would like to be able to access the Digital Archive and am prepared to change to the "Print + Digital Bundle"

My medical advisors have told me that I should minimise computer use so sitting in front of a screen would cause health problems

If I pay for access to the Digital Archive, will I be able to print articles and drawings so I can read the paper version and take the printed sheet into my workshop to follow the guidance and make the things described?

Perhaps one of the computer wizards reading this can tell me what software I would need on my Mac (which runs OS 10.6.8) to view and print bits of digital copies

Very many thanks

JasonB
          @jasonb

You will be able to print from the archive except for about the last 18months when the reader changed. You will however be able to print from any mags after you change to digital by using the Pocketmags reader.

In both cases it is not a quick process, via the archive you can only select 1 page at a time but Pocketmags allows 2 page sat a time.

You could take advantage of the £1 special offer on MEW to see what the archive is like and then decide as quality can be a bit lower on the older mags.

Can't help with Mac stuff but on Windows it is all done with your Browser so no need for extra software.

Edited By JasonB on 27/06/2020 10:17:13

Edited By JasonB on 28/06/2020 18:55:25

Neil Wyatt
            @neilwyatt

In a few days I'll move this thread to the FAQs as the question has been asked before and will be again!

Neil

Michael Gilligan
            Participant
              @michaelgilligan61133
              Posted by Neil Wyatt on 27/06/2020 10:54:12:

In a few days I'll move this thread to the FAQs as the question has been asked before and will be again!

Neil

dont know

That should be a good idea, Neil … But I wonder if will it have the desired effect.

The ‘albums and photos’ thread is top of the FAQs, but newcomers rarely seem to find it.

MichaelG.

MC Black 2
              Participant
                @mcblack2

I concur

In my experience the FAQs never include what I want to know!

It might be better to fix it in some way to the top of the list of topics

MC Black

Paul Lousick
                Participant
                  @paullousick59116

The next FAQ which seems to be posted weekly is "which lathe or mill should I buy"

Paul.

Nicholas Farr
                  Participant
                    @nicholasfarr14254

Hi, maybe there should be a; Top 10 FQRs on the black bar, i.e. the ones like this and posting photos/videos etc.

Regards Nick.

JasonB
                      @jasonb

Neil if you do move it and make sticky can you alter the "about 18mths" to an actual date as I'm sure when someone finds it in 3 years time they will be moaning that they can't print 3 1/2 yrs of mags!

Edited By JasonB on 28/06/2020 18:55:40

Circlip
                      Participant
                        @circlip

And can you also post instructions on a subject that too many find impossible, the correct orientation of photos. Gets tiresome turning the screen sideways or upside down.

Regards Ian.

Enough!
                        Participant
                          @enough
                          Posted by Circlip on 28/06/2020 09:49:13:

And can you also post instructions on a subject that too many find impossible, the correct orientation of photos. Gets tiresome turning the screen sideways or upside down.

If you have Meniere's and a fixed monitor, you don't turn anything sideways …. you just move on.

Other than that my personal pet peeves are: misuse of the message quoting system and people who prepare messages/responses separately in an editor, then paste them using tiny fonts. (And yes, I do know how to enlarge print on my screen but why should I do the work if the poster can't be bothered?).

Steambuff
                          Participant
                            @steambuff
                            Posted by JasonB on 27/06/2020 10:16:19:

You will be able to print from the archive except for about the last 8months when the reader changed.

The reader was changed to a non-flash reader in Mid-January 2019 … The Print facility from the Archive was removed at this time. You can still print (currently) copies prior to January 2019.

Dave

JasonB
                              @jasonb

How time flies, I've corrected it to 18months

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)