PocketMags Account

Advert

PocketMags Account

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Enough!
    Participant
      @enough

Some years ago I had a digital subscription to MEW when PocketMags came on board. I duly set up the Pocketmags (PM) account and started receiving the mags.

Then I let that subscription lapse – but retained the PM installation on my computer to access the mags.

Recently, since MEW seems to have 'turned a corner' (thanks, Neil !) I took out a new subscription. However, I can't access these issues with my current PM installation since the subscription number is different.

So how do I access these mags (in PM – I know I can access them on line)? Can I add a second subscription to my PM installation (it would have to be an addition, not a replacement, since I don't want to lose access to the old mags)? Do I need to create a second PM account and installation for the new mags? Is that even possible (to have two PM installations on the same computer)?

Advert
      Enough!
      Participant
        @enough

Using a re-subscription with existing PocketMags account?

JasonB
          @jasonb

Should be possible to have two accounts, may need to use a different e-mail address for the new one as it will probably say the existing e-mail is already in use.

Infact I have two accounts there come to think of it.

Steambuff
          Participant
            @steambuff

You should be able to sign in, then register a new subscription and enter the code in the email. That worked for me.

Dave

Neil Wyatt
              @neilwyatt

You should have been able to download your subscription copies the first time round and still have access to them. Are they still on your computer?

Neil

Enough!
              Participant
                @enough
                Posted by Neil Wyatt on 09/08/2016 19:03:19:

You should have been able to download your subscription copies the first time round and still have access to them. Are they still on your computer?

Yes to all. I just don't know the best way to get access (on the PM reader) to the current subscription as well.

Jason, I don't doubt that I can have two accounts on the PM website. If I use separate logins for them it won't even know there's a connection. The question is whether the PM reader on my computer will let me add that second account and run the two accounts at once.

Dave, the question as I see it is whether the PM reader will accept that code in addition to the one it already has for the earlier subscription or whether it will replace it. In which case I may not see the earlier mags ….. or I may see them anyway, if PM displays whatever it already has my machine no matter what code it's currently working under.

Buzza
                Participant
                  @buzza

I too have a problem with Pocketmags, when I enter my MEW order number it says the details are invalid.

Tried sending an enquiry from their site but it says e-mail address, the one I use for PM, not valid, works fine for everything else.

How can I download my current subscription copies ?

Steve

Steambuff
                  Participant
                    @steambuff
                    Posted by Bandersnatch on 09/08/2016 22:45:44:

Dave, the question as I see it is whether the PM reader will accept that code in addition to the one it already has for the earlier subscription or whether it will replace it. In which case I may not see the earlier mags ….. or I may see them anyway, if PM displays whatever it already has my machine no matter what code it's currently working under.

I have had multiple subscriptions of the same mag, and have had no problems accessing the current and the old issues.

Dave

Enough!
                    Participant
                      @enough
                      Posted by Steambuff on 09/08/2016 23:21:58:

I have had multiple subscriptions of the same mag, and have had no problems accessing the current and the old issues.

Seems like I was imagining difficulties where there were none. I just went into my PM account on line and added the new subscription and the reader picked it up in addition the the old issues which I have. Seems obvious now but didn't when I first thought about it angry.

However ….. it has started the new issues with the current one (245) even though this new subscription runs from last April.surprise

JasonB
                        @jasonb
                        Posted by Bandersnatch on 10/08/2016 01:06:58:

However ….. it has started the new issues with the current one (245) even though this new subscription runs from last April.surprise

Yep, I have said it several times in the past that anyone taking out a digital sub should activate their PM account ASAP.

Enough!
                        Participant
                          @enough
                          Posted by JasonB on 10/08/2016 08:14:55:

Yep, I have said it several times in the past that anyone taking out a digital sub should activate their PM account ASAP.

I contacted PM tech support and they added in the back issues to the start of the subscription – no trouble and very speedy.

Everything seems to be working OK now ….. thanks to all.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)