Paid for digital subscription but told I don’t have access

Advert

Paid for digital subscription but told I don’t have access

Home Forums Subscription issues and Digital magazines Paid for digital subscription but told I don’t have access

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    wolrikm
    Participant
      @wolrikm
      Advert
      wolrikm
      Participant
        @wolrikm

Just tried to look at the digital mags, first time for a couple of months, and told my subscription ended in August but I renewed my subscription in July. I just checked the credit card statement and £37.99 was taken by MyTimeMedia on the 17th July. Who do I contact to get this put right?

Martin.

JasonB
          @jasonb

Contact Details here

wolrikm
          Participant
            @wolrikm

Thanks, Jason.

Martin.

wolrikm
            Participant
              @wolrikm

I got the awful Pocketmags working, but can't view the magazines from this site, so I can't view the archive.

Neil Wyatt
                @neilwyatt

Hello Martin,

Your subscriber record shows you as paid up, but for some reason your profile is not picking up the renewaL

I have asked Katy to sort this for you.

Neil

wolrikm
                Participant
                  @wolrikm

Thanks, Neil.

brian bruun
                  Participant
                    @brianbruun25047

hi having same problem

Katy Purvis
                    Participant
                      @katypurvis79544

Hi Brian

I will sort this out for you now, we have just changed subs company, and the link between our website and their database isn't quite right yet, it went live today. I'm sorry that this isn't acceptable, but there has not been an opportunity to test this before it went live. I am as disappointed by that as you are, and I will do my best to sort it out quickly.

If anyone else has a similar problem, please email me direct at katy.purvis@mytimemedia.com, with your subs number and subs type (digital, print or both) and whether this is for Model Engineer, Model Engineer's Workshop or both.

Everyone's subscription expiry date will be incorrect for a few days, as the live data is not being checked when you log in at the moment, if you had access to the archive previously, in most cases it will still be accessible.

Thanks for your patience

Katy

wolrikm
                      Participant
                        @wolrikm

Sorted for me, thank you very much.

Rabbiteer
                        Participant
                          @rabbiteer

I have an access problem and have emailed help@mc.secureorder.co.uk after no small amount of time spent looking for an answer.

I think it worth pointing out that – now Dec 8th – on the Pocketmags page if you

Click the link help@pocketmags.com
                          You get
                          Oops….
                          We couldn't find that page
                          I'm sorry, we couldn't find that page on our site. Most likely, the page has been moved.

Also subscriptions@mytimemedia.com returns the mail as undeliverable

Gassa
                          Participant
                            @gassa

strange that this is still the case for both pocket mags and my time media

what a joke

Neil Wyatt
                              @neilwyatt
                              Posted by Gassa on 16/02/2016 13:52:16:

strange that this is still the case for both pocket mags and my time media

what a joke

Hello Gassa,

I have checked your profile and it seems the subscriber number you are using is for an expired subscription, please check your current subscriber number and put that in your profile instead.

If this doesn't work, let me know.

Neil

mechman48
                              Participant
                                @mechman48

I have just renewed my subscription for print & digital issues; after having second thoughts when I received my renewal notice… last September ! & having read all the probs members were having I decided to hang on 'till this month, the renewal notice included a discount code to be used when renewing either… on line. by tel. or by cheque I decided to call MTM tel.#, having checked my membership # ( still valid ) I renewed by credit card. I was informed that my subscriptions would continue as normal with March issue.

Having given it a couple of days I checked access to digital copy via MEW website & I was pleasantly surprised to have access to all digital copies going back to issue # 1 – summer 1990, I now await to see if print copy arrives next month as promised, so far I don't expect any problems, so I can honestly say that renewal has been straightforward for me, this time, mind you, as said I did hang on 'till the last minute, can't see the point in renewing when there's still 6 mo. to end of subscription period.

George.

Roger Provins 2
                                Participant
                                  @rogerprovins2
                                  Posted by mechman48 on 18/02/2016 11:06:45:

I have just renewed my subscription for print & digital issues; after having second thoughts when I received my renewal notice… last September ! & having read all the probs members were having I decided to hang on 'till this month, the renewal notice included a discount code to be used when renewing either… on line. by tel. or by cheque I decided to call MTM tel.#, having checked my membership # ( still valid ) I renewed by credit card. I was informed that my subscriptions would continue as normal with March issue.

Having given it a couple of days I checked access to digital copy via MEW website & I was pleasantly surprised to have access to all digital copies going back to issue # 1 – summer 1990, I now await to see if print copy arrives next month as promised, so far I don't expect any problems, so I can honestly say that renewal has been straightforward for me, this time, mind you, as said I did hang on 'till the last minute, can't see the point in renewing when there's still 6 mo. to end of subscription period.

George.

That's the information I couldn't get clearly stated so, that being the case, I'll probably take out a print and digital subscription shortly.

Neil Wyatt
                                    @neilwyatt

For clarity, the MEW archive goes back to Issue 1 in 1990, the ME archive goes to issue 4153, August 2001 – thus is actually rather more issues.

Neil

mechman48
                                    Participant
                                      @mechman48

Hard copy magazine #239 arrived today, so all is well.

George

Poss
                                      Participant
                                        @poss

accessing digital editions was always tricky but now it is virtually impossible. I donated all my back issues to a local engineering group thinking I could always use the digital archive. BIG mistake

Brian Mayer

Neil Wyatt
                                          @neilwyatt

Hello Brian,

I have checked you account and everything is working. All you have to do to access the archive for MEW is click 'magazines' in the green bar at the top of the pages.

if you are having any other problems, please explain and I will try and sort them out.

Thanks

Neil

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)