Old Stuart engine

Advert

Old Stuart engine

Home Forums Stationary engines Old Stuart engine

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Maurice Cox 1
    Participant
      @mauricecox1
      I am currently rebuilding an old Stuart No1 engine. It has all Whitworth threads which Stuarts ceased to use in 1945. It bears a very robust nameplate saying     “T H CLARK    MAKER”.  Has anyone any idea who Mr. Clark was, and when he built the engine? It shows signs of more than one pair of hands having worked on it.

Edited By Maurice Cox on 25/11/2009 17:24:30

Advert
      Maurice Cox 1
      Participant
        @mauricecox1
        ken heppener
        Participant
          @kenheppener64998
          Hi Maurice….Is there any chance of you posting a picture of the old engine….I’d be very interested to see it….I cannot help with your enquiry but good luck, I’m sure you’ll get the answers on here….Some very clever chaps hereabouts….Regards Ken. 
          Maurice Cox 1
          Participant
            @mauricecox1
            Certainly. It’s in bits at the moment, but I did photograph it before I dismantled it, as a record of how it looked. May take a day or so, as I have a few things going on at the moment. Thanks for your interest.
            Maurice.
            Maurice Cox 1
            Participant
              @mauricecox1
              I have posted a picture of the old Stuat No1 in case it helps. I hope so.
              Maurice
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)