Okmo Microcosm Rider Ericsson Hot Air pumping Stirling Engine Model R01

Advert

Home Forums Miscellaneous models Okmo Microcosm Rider Ericsson Hot Air pumping Stirling Engine Model R01

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Blue Heeler
    Participant
      @blueheeler

What a beautifully constructed engine, it really is exquisitely made and assembled. This is my first Rider Ericsson that I have ever bought and I’m extremely happy with it.
      Going to have to work out how I can modify it by lengthening the axle that goes through the flywheel so I can turn up a brass drive wheel to see if it will be able to drive accessories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVBB4XL5x4E

Advert
      JasonB
        @jasonb

These engines were never really intended to drive anything off the flywheel, their use was to pump water usually upto a storage tank in the loft of a large house so that they had running water at the taps. maybe make a test rig to see what head of pressure it can pump to.

Michael Gilligan
        Participant
          @michaelgilligan61133

A pleasure to see a nicely-crafted commercial model in a world so full of tat.

MichaelG.

Shugs
          Participant
            @shugs

Having seen Brian Marshall’s Rider Ericsson engine running at Harrogate. I was pleased to see his write up published in Model Engineer, starting in issue 4409,3 June 2011.
            I decided if I could build this engine it would surely improve my model engineering skills.
            However life/illness has got in the way and it never got started. I did ask a friend if he could make the stainless Hot Cap, during his lunch break.

I am happy to offer this Hot Cap to anyone who could use it in a build.

There is only one and I no longer have magazines, will post within the UK

ShugsIMG_6808IMG_6809

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)