NVR switch wiring

Advert

NVR switch wiring

Home Forums General Questions NVR switch wiring

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Redsetter
    Participant
      @redsetter

I have just bought a new NVR switch.

It has 6 terminals. One row is numbered 11. 21, 31.

The other row is numbered 12, 22, 32.

I would like to know what these numbers mean so I can wire it correctly.

Just to save anybody asking, because somebody will – No it did not come with any instructions.

Thank you for your help.

Advert
      Redsetter
      Participant
        @redsetter
        John Rudd
        Participant
          @johnrudd16576

A photo would be nice along with a model number….the numbers are meaningless unles accompanied by a sketch or drawing….

But in essence, you need to determine which two connections are for the coil and the other four for the two poles of the switch….Easy with a multimeter if you have one…

The typical chinese nvr unit has 5 connections marked 12-13 for AC in, 14-24 for AC out and A1 for the coil connection used in series with further interlocks via the Live side of the wiring….there is an internal connection within the switch for the Neutral side of the coil….

Les Jones 1
          Participant
            @lesjones1

Many items have a diagram on moulded into the plastic case. There is no standard numbering system. The more information you provide the more likely to get a solution. A link to the advert where you bought it would also probably help.

Les.

Redsetter
            Participant
              @redsetter

Thank you – I am familiar with the numbering you gave, hence the question, Having now had a good look at it, it is not an NVR switch as claimed but a plain push button on-off, which explains a lot.

SillyOldDuffer
                @sillyoldduffer

As per John except this may be a mechanical 'NVR' with no coil, ie a straightforward Emergency Stop Switch without no-volt protection. If so the terminal codes might mean:

11 = 'Switch 1 on side 1' – connects to 12 = 'Switch 1 on side 2'

21 = 'Switch 2 on side 1' – connects to 22 = 'Switch 2 on side 2'

31 = 'Switch 3 on side 1' – connects to 32 = 'Switch 3 on side 2'

But beware; I'm guessing! Your switch may be a combination of Normally Open and Normally Closed contacts. Or John is right and one pair is for a NVR coil. Any clues on the box like a website. (I've had a few things recently where the buyer is expected to know the documentation is all online.)

Pictures, type no, where it came from etc. might help . Do you have a multimeter?

Dave

PS – happened again – while I was delayed catching a goose and sharpening my quill, the question got answered!

Edited By SillyOldDuffer on 08/03/2018 13:10:49

Mick Henshall
                Participant
                  @mickhenshall99321

This may help its for an Axminster NVR switch, Mick20180308_135146.jpg

Mike Poole
                  Participant
                    @mikepoole82104

I would check that you have 3 normally open contacts on there, many devices use the 1 and 2 as indicating a NC contact and 3 4 for open contacts. It is near certain that 11 12 is one contact 21 22 the next etc. A continuity check is the most certain way to get it right.

Mike

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)