No Archive Access

Advert

No Archive Access

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Raymond Sanderson 2
    Participant
      @raymondsanderson2

My access to digital archives is NILL I can get to both ME & MEW but to try read there is an error of connecting through to each and every individual mag.

Advert
      Raymond Sanderson 2
      Participant
        @raymondsanderson2
        JasonB
          @jasonb

Raymond you seem to have problems on a frequent basis and 99% of the time nobody else is reporting the same problem which does kind of point to the problem being at your end.

Russell Eberhardt
          Participant
            @russelleberhardt48058

What operating system and what browser are you using. Do you have Java installed?

The more information you can supply the more likely it is that someone can help.

Russell

JasonB
              @jasonb

Try to view them on the computer of a friend or family member and see if you can get access as that would point to it being your setup.

I just logged in as you and had no problems so all membership details etc are OK it is just viewing at your end. You will need to log in again.

As Russell says without all the info there is not a lot that can be done.

Raymond Sanderson 2
              Participant
                @raymondsanderson2

Jason Win10 pc all up to date etc. Firefox again all up to date.

On tablet posting this after trying still no access to the mag once clicking on front page.

JasonB
                  @jasonb

Often a firefox/java/flash issue, have you tried a different browser? Also any add blockers in use?

Edited By JasonB on 11/07/2018 11:40:46

Raymond Sanderson 2
                  Participant
                    @raymondsanderson2

Jason yeh just my luck eh or is it people just hadenough of attitued when making such announcements. Yes im not happy at your comment but then i have had eniugh of situations just with these 2 publications in tge laest week. I'm so glad I have not taken out 2 other subscriptions with mytimemedia of woodwork magazines and lost further money and time.

Neil Wyatt
                      @neilwyatt

Hello Ray,

I've emulated your account an I had no trouble accessing the ME and MEW archives.

I'm W10 and Firefox, both the very latest builds (Firefox updated yesterday and the new build of W10).

I'm afraid this does suggest that it's either an issue at your end or you were just unlucky and tried to access the magazines while some server maintenance was being carried out.

Is it possible you or your ISP use some sort of security settings/software that are blocking parts of the site? It's very easy to block flash content from running, especially with Firefox.

Neil

Enough!
                      Participant
                        @enough
                        Posted by Raymond Sanderson 2 on 11/07/2018 11:30:04:

Firefox again all up to date.

As far as I'm aware, the latest versions of Firefox don't run the Flash Player by default. You have to specifically turn it on so you might want to check that it is actually turned on.

Of course, if you were updating from an earlier version that had Flash Player turned on. later updates should recognise and respect that configuration. (Then again, FF is not particularly user friendly/respectful these days since they started going head to head with Chrome).

Raymond Sanderson 2
                        Participant
                          @raymondsanderson2

Flash Player turned on

Two different systems used

This is what comes up on screen from server

An Error Has Occurred

I'm sorry but we can't process your request at this time (bad referrer)

Off to Dr's will do what I can when I get back.

To stand out as I do seems to be away of life it made me quite good at solving problems and seeing faults long before others could or would. It saved others from injury and death. Or fro tearing their hair out.

I.M. OUTAHERE
                          Participant
                            @i-m-outahere

Ok – Jason and Niel can both log into your account and view the mags , you can log into your account but not view either mag on your pc or tablet – win.10 and android OS respectively .

Are you using the same ISP and router / moblie broadband unit for both ?

If yes try using a mobile phone and see if it gets you through , preferably it will have a different internet or phone sim card in it but even if it doesn't use a different supplier try it anyhow as long as you use the phone sim that is in the phone .

If the phone works your problem lies with your isp settings / equipment or ISP . You could then set the phone up as a mobile hotspot and link your pc ( provided it has wifi ) and tablet to it and see if it works . If it works you have ensured your pc and tablet are working fine .

I find it strange that the moderators can access your magazines but you can't on two different machines so just wondering if you are using the same internet connection for both units .

Could there be something with your isp address that is being red flagged by the website ? If it were i would find it odd that you can log into your account but there have been stranger things than that happen to me before !

Other than that you may have to seek out the help of a local computer tech .

Raymond Sanderson 2
                            Participant
                              @raymondsanderson2

Jason & Neil can both log into my account WOW not bad eh and they can view any magazine they wish again WOW. That is not me using my hardware or my software talking to the server at HQ!!!!

I in the past have never required Flash to view the magazines before. I did go onto Pocketmags this morning prior visiting the Dr and low and behold no problem view my subscribed magazines.

I just opened Microsofts Edge signed in went to Mag archives clicked on mags and got a message I required to load up Adobe Flash. So came back to Firefox my prefered browser you know the one I am having the response from ( I should say no response from). I installed the latest Adobe Flash and low and behold still the same error message even after closing down and restarting Firefox just to make sure it was fully installed and yes I click the check box to ON in Flash.

I know as a past Techie that MY machine will not issue me such a response of Error as shown above that has to be a server error. I agree the ping maybe be defective somewhere between. BUT why can i read and view any other magazines NOT connected with Mytimemedia??

As for Addblockers there is no adds and its never caused problems in many years prior.

Could it be that due to the subscription extension OR Pocketmags updates to readers and tweaking of sign in's?? at the coal face ON the server??

Is it possible someone maybe tunneling in when I sign in? Not via my machine (still possible) but hanging about and the server is reconising that intrusion?

As I can sign into forum no hassle and bring up archives and view front covers meaning the server is allowing me access thus far?? BUT the decides due to some unknown visual by myself shoots off an error code??

Why would any ISP block such as Model Engineer or MEW at that point and shoot me an error code? I have no problem with any other site, content or sign in??

Have the in house technicians been brought into see if there is a problem at that end?? Guess not but then why would they have been?? One customer is not worthy of investigation.

Lets blame the customer or their isp or software heard it all before and yes even from Mytimemedia and Neil and Jason and even Pocketmags.

You see with 6 companies who have our sign in it could be a problem caused by any number or all of them or their systems!!!!!

I.M. OUTAHERE
                              Participant
                                @i-m-outahere

Here's an even bigger "OH WOW " thought – why are you the only one that seems to have this problem ???

I doubt any of the above mentioned businesses are going to fork out thousands of dollars checking thier system when there is only one person complianing about it !

I will not be replying to your posts in future pal as you seem to only want to vent at anyone that does .

Raymond Sanderson 2
                                Participant
                                  @raymondsanderson2

Still to all i'd like to say thanks for their in put and advice and for what both Jason & Neil have tried to do and come back with.

Sorry you feel that way after one come back at you shame I had to have how many was it come back and blame me!! Or my set up.??

If you bothered to read my post of frustration about the Pocketmags & Mytime media reader updates this problem compounded it.

I know of no other organisaton where you use one sign in for the same thing through 6 companies do you 2 of wwhich OUR sign in are used by 2 companies we do not even deal with they being the company who prints the magas and the one who distributes for the main bodies?
                                  Talk about serious breach of security.

yes I am volatile right now but hey seems I hate throwing money away and being treat like an idiot.

JasonB
                                    @jasonb
                                    Posted by Raymond Sanderson 2 on 12/07/2018 05:54:45:

As for Addblockers there is no adds and its never caused problems in many years prior.

No Adds or no Add Blocker? Sounds like you are saying there are no adds on the mag viewer page but you have had or do have a blocker running.

I'll send you a link by PM that should take you straight to a mag without going through the ME site to see if that works.

Raymond Sanderson 2
                                    Participant
                                      @raymondsanderson2

Thanks Jason I do have addblocker it has never caused a problem in the years I've been a subscriber.

There is No add's that should cause addblocker to cause a problem.

Raymond Sanderson 2
                                      Participant
                                        @raymondsanderson2

Jason that worked fine no problem. Reader looks much like the very old Pocketmags set up

JasonB
                                          @jasonb

Lets Start Again

You can't access the DOWNLOADED Mags you have bought in your archive or the ones available via this site?. Neil and me have been looking at the digital archive as per your opening post which is the ones viewable online via this site.

I can't help with downloaded ones, so as you say elsewere Kate is onto it. Though also very strange that in the PM you just sent me you said you got that error message years ago. yet a post about a month ago you had the same message?

Edited By JasonB on 12/07/2018 08:29:23

Michael Gilligan
                                          Participant
                                            @michaelgilligan61133
                                            Posted by Raymond Sanderson 2 on 11/07/2018 23:54:18:

An Error Has Occurred

I have no expertise in these matters, but I do tend to remember a good error message

There was another Raymond who recently suffered similar problems: **LINK**

https://www.model-engineer.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=135916

On that occasion, Silly Old Duffer provided some useful analysis and advice.

MichaelG.

JasonB
                                              @jasonb

And in that thread using a different browser got the OP access, that's what was suggested to Raymond yesterday but he does not seem to have tried thatcrying

"Someone suggested I use another browser. I have Chrome and so I tried that. Success"

Edited By JasonB on 12/07/2018 08:55:42

Frances IoM
                                              Participant
                                                @francesiom58905

the bad referrer message is according to various searches is generally seen when the adobe flash version being used by the sender (eg Raymond) is out of date or otherwise incompatible with that required by the page provider

Raymond Sanderson 2
                                                Participant
                                                  @raymondsanderson2
                                                  Posted by Michael Gilligan on 12/07/2018 08:36:10:

Posted by Raymond Sanderson 2 on 11/07/2018 23:54:18:

An Error Has Occurred

I have no expertise in these matters, but I do tend to remember a good error message

There was another Raymond who recently suffered similar problems: **LINK**

https://www.model-engineer.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=135916

On that occasion, Silly Old Duffer provided some useful analysis and advice.

MichaelG.

Michael many thanks I new i had read another forum member had had similar problems.

So I am NOT the only person to have such a problem after all!!!

Raymond Sanderson 2
                                                  Participant
                                                    @raymondsanderson2

I've just posted in the link Michael gave

I stated earlier in this thread I had not been even using Flash and had not trouble accessing archives of the forum digital type. The explinations in the other thread indicate well that it is a response between both server and user which even I know can be corrupted anywhere between. This can also be the server cache not just user cache.

The proof of this is the fact we both can/could get as far as front covers yet get error message when trying to open each file. The server see is responding with the error message or something between.

I do not see any resolve for the other Raymond in the other thread as he didn't come back and say he had success in getting through???

JasonB
                                                      @jasonb
                                                      Posted by Raymond Sanderson 2 on 12/07/2018 12:33:29:

I do not see any resolve for the other Raymond in the other thread as he didn't come back and say he had success in getting through???

"Someone suggested I use another browser. I have Chrome and so I tried that. Success"

Raymond, You have been asked to try another browser which will help us eleminate some of the likely problems, you have not done this yet. So help us to help you by trying another browser.

Edited By JasonB on 12/07/2018 12:40:23

Edited By JasonB on 12/07/2018 12:40:50

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)