Myford ML 10

Advert

Myford ML 10

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ANDREW JACKSON 5
    Participant
      @andrewjackson5

Wheel set up.

Advert
      ANDREW JACKSON 5
      Participant
        @andrewjackson5

I have just my first metal turning lathe (Myford ML10). Is there anyone that can tell me the wheel set up that will engage the auto feed. I have watched a video on YouTube and the set is different to what's on mine. On the video it shows 4 large wheels on mine there are small ones that do not engage the top drive wheel so the auto feed does not engage.

Engine Builder
        Participant
          @enginebuilder

Hi Andrew,

You need a set of gears to connect the leadscrew to the spindle. These would have been supplied with the a new lathe. By using different size gears it will give a different feed rate. The gear chain needed for different feeds should be shown inside the gear cover. Sound like you do not have these.

Martin Cottrell
          Participant
            @martincottrell21329

Hi Andrew,

Have a look at this site: www.lathes.co.uk/myfordml10/, This will give you some useful information on your lathe (excellent choice for a first lathe) and also gives details on how to obtain a manual for it. If you are lucky your lathe will have come with a selection of interchangeable gear wheels of different sizes which can be assembled onto the "banjo" on the left side of the lathe to give either various screw cutting thread pitches or a selection of very fine feeds for turning under auto feed.

You will find the manual invaluable for showing the gear ratios required for the job in hand as well as many other hints & tips for setting up, maintaining and using the lathe.

Regards Martin.

TrevorK
            Participant
              @trevork

Andrew

I have sent you a PM, see your Inbox.

Trevor

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)