Model fire engine?

Advert

Model fire engine?

Home Forums General Questions Model fire engine?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Norm
    Participant
      @norm

My Dad died a little time ago and left a model unfinished. I would like to finish it and wonder if anyone recognises the model. If they do i would like to know if there were any drawings for it.IMG_0462IMG_0462IMG_0463

Advert
      Trevor Drabble 1
      Participant
        @trevordrabble1

Norm , try having a word with Sarik Hobbies about their £13.50 plan , catalogue number M16.

Dave Wootton
        Participant
          @davewootton

As well as the plan above it was described by LBSC as a ” Kiddies fire engine” in M.E December 1954, there was at one time a metric redraw by Julius De Wall on the Model Engineering website. If you search under LBSC kiddies fire engine there is a youtube video of one’s first run under steam.

Norm
          Participant
            @norm

Thank you both Trevor and Dave, your help is much appreciated. It’s been 10 years, off and on, I have been searching for information to complete his model.

Thank you once again

Norman

noel shelley
            Participant
              @noelshelley55608

I have the relevant copy of ME I will get it out tonight and read it, may be able to copy it if that will help. Noel.

noel shelley
              Participant
                @noelshelley55608

Read the article last night ! The whole construction is in the Christmas 1954 edition. Let me know if you want a copy. Most of the work has been done so it shouldn’t be too bad a job to finish. Noel.

Norm
                Participant
                  @norm

Thank you Noel,

I would really appreciate it if you could send me a copy. I would like to read the article to see how close to the original he made it. He did have a habit of improving the improved.

just as a thought, is there somewhere I can buy this copy of ME?

noel shelley
                  Participant
                    @noelshelley55608

The print is small but I think it will copy OK. If your going to buy a copy Ebay is a good starting place. It is Volume 111, edition No 2794, 9 December 1954 page 681. You may have to buy a whole volume ? I will try to copy latter today when I can get at the copier. Noel.

PS just looked, there are at least 2 copies for sale, easy to spot as it is the Christmas edition. N.

Nick Hughes
                    Participant
                      @nickhughes97026

This is a link to the forum and YouTube that Dave posted about. If you scroll down through the posts there, you will find a download link for the M.E. Article:-

https://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/threads/lbsc-fire-engine.31002/

noel shelley
                      Participant
                        @noelshelley55608

Nick has cracked it ! There is a downloadable file of the article – it is well down the list but is there and I have a copy. Thanks Noel.

Norm
                        Participant
                          @norm

Thank you Noel, a copy ordered.

by “crikey” what a great pool of information you all are!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)