Mini-lathe questions

Advert

Mini-lathe questions

Home Forums Beginners questions Mini-lathe questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dunc
    Participant
      @dunc
      While I had already completed the initial clean-up procedures when reading Mr. Fenner’s text a little gem caught my eye (page 16, right-hand column, “Attention then moves… Arc drill an oilway and add internal oil grooves.”)

Hoping that I can get a few specifics:
      diameter of drill ( for procedure in photo 2.16)?
      Anything special about the hole (special drill form or ordinary twist drill, countersunk to make an oil reservoir, how is the swarf cleaned from the bore)?
      Internally, does the diagonal groove extend completely to the exterior of the bearing surface or does it end blindly? Is it the same width as the drill diameter? What depth (into the bearing material) does it extend?

While I imagine that this is simply good engineering practice I need a few pointers.

Also, on page 9 Mr. Fenner mentions (top of right-hand column) that Arc is planning a “picture storybook” on their website of the initial preparation. I have looked around without success. Would anyone have a webpage reference?

Thanks
      Advert
      Dunc
      Participant
        @dunc

From David Fenner’s book

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)