MEW263 – Postal non or late delivery?

Advert

MEW263 – Postal non or late delivery?

Home Forums Subscription issues and Digital magazines MEW263 – Postal non or late delivery?

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Neil Wyatt
      @neilwyatt
      Posted by Gary Wooding on 03/01/2018 11:13:07:

Mine arrived in Warwickshire today – at last. Maybe it's posted in alphabetical sequence of name within county..

They are all sent out together, any differences can only be down to the Post Office.

Neil

Advert
      Spurry
      Participant
        @spurry
        Posted by Neil Wyatt on 03/01/2018 15:42:02:

They are all sent out together, any differences can only be down to the Post Office.

Neil

I thought Gary was on to something with his W & S, but BB knocked that one on the head. surprise The difference in PO efficiencies is interesting.

Pete

Neil Wyatt
          @neilwyatt

I haven't actually worked directly with our mailing house, but have worked with others.

Essentially they pack and label everything according to our requirements, and the whole batch will be delivered direct to the post office as one huge batch. There are significant reductions in cost from pre-sorting according to input postcode (i.e. the first half) as then the PO can send each bundle to the correct sorting office.

We did have an occasion when all the magazines across two counties went missing in the post, quite feasible as they would have been pre-sorted together. Presumably this is why delays sometimes affect certain areas and not others.

Neil

Samsaranda
          Participant
            @samsaranda

There are marked differences in Postal Efficiency depending on where you are located, I live in East Sussex and our mail is routed through the Gatwick Mail Centre, the horror stories about this empire are many, I know that if I post first class to my daughter in Lancashire we always allow five days for it to arrive. Those who have worked for Royal Mail locally all know where the problems are. I assume that other areas have problem mail centres as well which accounts for the variability of service.

Dave W

Sus
            Participant
              @sus

My issue 263 didn't arrive yet (5ft feb) in Belgium. Had to buy already 5 back issues since june 2017. Mail with complaints was replied with the comment that the issue was send 19th jan. Was probably the februari issue. Starts to becoming a costly magazine. I've had for 20years no problems with the delivery, have to reflect on the renewing of the suscription in august.

Lucien P.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)