MEW Subscription lapsed with no warning

Advert

MEW Subscription lapsed with no warning

Home Forums Model Engineers’ Workshop. MEW Subscription lapsed with no warning

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    houstonceng
    Participant
      @houstonceng

Hi All

sudden thought that I had not seen my MEW since June. Checked my subscription and it said it lapsed in April. Actually had issue up to 316, as a couple of issues were added due to lost in post. My concern is that our Publishers gave no warning of the imminent lapse and offer to renew. Anyone else had this ? If you have a yearly subscription, may be a good idea to check the lapse date.

Advert
      houstonceng
      Participant
        @houstonceng
        Bill Pudney
        Participant
          @billpudney37759

I've pretty much given up. I haven't seen a magazine since 316 arrived some time ago, I've not been able to see the digital copy for months, so really I'm just waiting for my (print and digital) subscriptions to lapse in April 2023, then I really will, just give up!!

cheers

Bill

OldMetaller
          Participant
            @oldmetaller

Yes, me too. No reminder, nothing.

John.

DMB
            Participant
              @dmb

Just checked my renewal dates and found to be OK – MEW Jan 23 & ME Apl 23.

There were recent warnings in the mags that you take action to ensure continuity.

John

Nigel Graham 2
              Participant
                @nigelgraham2

I've had no problems with receiving the printed ME, but it might depend on your subscription method. My most recent edition is Vol.229 No. 4697 (12-25 Aug 22) – that with the IMLEC scene on the cover.

I do not subscribe to the digital version so cannot judge the performance of that service..

Nevertheless there seems an increasing number of people here dissatisfied with Morton's sales-office competence I would have hoped MyTimeMedia had assured itself of, before selling the titles to Mortons for no clear reason other than the implied quick money.

After all, Mortons Media is no beginner in publishing special-interest magazines.

''''

Oops! Good thing I re-read the last sentence so spotted my typing error – a missing 't'. I've an excuse though: I am not a professional journalist or publisher……

JasonB
                  @jasonb

Recent thread and other postings seems to show people are also far happier with Mortons' Customer service than the old MTM one. Those that have had the inevitable hick-up due to the change over all seem to have got it sorted after contacting Classicmags or Pocketmags in the case of those that had issues with their digital editions.

As a moderator I can't look up as much as I used to be able to on the old system for example I can only see that Bill Pundey's sub is current, although I can still log in here as him here I can no longer check to see if mags are viewable as I don't have his new ID number. Therefore any queries should now go via classicmagazines

EDIT also worth noting that e-mails from Mortons to me were going into Gmails "promotions" folder not my main inbox so suggest people also check similar and spam folders for any emails they may have missed.

Edited By JasonB on 16/08/2022 09:04:10

not done it yet
                  Participant
                    @notdoneityet

Oops! Good thing I re-read the last sentence so spotted my typing error – a missing 't'. I've an excuse though: I am not a professional journalist or publisher……

There are two ’t’s in that sentence…

Surely not the first?🙂🙂🙂

John Hinkley
                    Participant
                      @johnhinkley26699

I can see four! At least in the corrected version.

John

Neil Wyatt
                        @neilwyatt

This looks like issues with subscriptions being transferred over to the new publisher, especially people who use 'continuous credit card' to pay – these subs have to be manually renewed as the data wasn't able to be transferred over due to data laws, apparently.

DD subscribers shouldn't have problems, but in any case please contact customer service, this is now in-house at Mortons and much more responsive.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Neil

Bill Pudney
                        Participant
                          @billpudney37759

I've just tried to access the digital issues using my latest edition 318 which arrived yesterday. I've tried every concoction of a 5 and 6 digit on the carrier sheets with no success. I'm beginning to feel paranoid about it. Not impressed so far, maybe I need a funny handshake, or sacrifice something valuable.

Cheers, in an off hand sort of way

Bill

JasonB
                            @jasonb

if your customer ID not a 6 digit number the add zeros to the front to make it up to six on Photobucket or four will work here.

If that doe snot work PM me the e-mail you use to subscribe and the ID number and I'll try it here.

have you contacted classicmags customer service?

Edited By JasonB on 20/08/2022 11:20:58

Peter Greene
                            Participant
                              @petergreene36336

If that doe snot work

Doe snot …. now there's a unique solution if ever there was one …. devil

duncan webster 1
                              Participant
                                @duncanwebster1

My pocket mags only goes up to MEW 318. I've checked my subscription and I have 3 more issues to come. The latest paper ME I have is 4697, should I have 4698 by now? I've also lost access to the archive, as I've no idea what my subscriber number is, MEW is digital, and ME hasn't come so no wrappers, so I'll have to contact admin. They seem to have made a rod for everyone's back, the transition is very much not seamless

duncan webster 1
                                Participant
                                  @duncanwebster1

no reply from Mortons yet, but I stumbled across my MEW subscriber number. I can now see 319 in the archive Which appears better than before), but still not on pocketmags

Edited By duncan webster on 22/08/2022 22:25:13

JasonB
                                    @jasonb

Is your ME print only or print + digital

I've not got 4698 paper yet.

V8Eng
                                    Participant
                                      @v8eng
                                      Posted by duncan webster on 22/08/2022 22:13:48:

no reply from Mortons yet, but I stumbled across my MEW subscriber number. I can now see 319 in the archive Which appears better than before), but still not on pocketmags

Edited By duncan webster on 22/08/2022 22:25:13

It does seem that you may need to change Pocketmags from an old (MTM) account to Mortons, I have not managed that trick yet though!

Edited By V8Eng on 23/08/2022 10:17:04

JasonB
                                        @jasonb

Yes you may need to activate your subscription with the new ID number, adding zero zero to the front if it is a 4digit ID.

Also if you have both ME and MEW the Pocketmags system gets confused by both having the same ID, contact pocketmags customer service and they will sort it out. You will need some form of proof of purchase when they contact you but they sorted mine within 1hr of filling in the contact form.

I also contacted Classicmagazines customer service yesterday on behalf of Bill Pudney and they got back to me within a couple of hours.

Nigel Graham 2
                                        Participant
                                          @nigelgraham2

My most recent ME is 4697 (the IMLEC one).

I usually receive it on Thursdays and I am pretty sure that arrived on time so would expect 4697 this Thursday.

duncan webster 1
                                          Participant
                                            @duncanwebster1

To put it bluntly this is rubbish customer service. I don't have proof of purchase, I pay by card, no paperwork. Mortons should have sorted all this out, not leaving customers to jump through hoops

I've contacted pocket mags, let's see what happens. 

Edited By duncan webster on 23/08/2022 15:14:40

JasonB
                                              @jasonb

Data Protection Act means the old publisher can't forward your card details to Morton's there were notices in the mags about that.

Card statement would probably do as PofP

duncan webster 1
                                              Participant
                                                @duncanwebster1

I'm not going back through 12 months of card statements, I don't know whether it's bank card or credit card. Mortons can tell Pocketbooks that I've paid, and when till without divulging my car details I'll manage with accessing via this forum for what remains, then I'll decide whether to bother continuing, it's not looking likely at the moment.

duncan webster 1
                                                Participant
                                                  @duncanwebster1

well it's sorted, I went to the my account page of the Classic magazines site (Classicmagazines | My account) and it showed I have 3 issues outstanding, took a screenshot and sent it to Pocketmags. All sorted now, but I shouldn't have had to go through all this rigmarole

dhendley
                                                  Keymaster
                                                    @dhendley

Subscription Renewals

Continuous Credit Card

For anyone who had previously been subscribing via this payment method, please bear with us as we work with our software teams to make this option available again. However, in the interim please visit ClassicMagazines.co.uk – Subscriptions to look at the other payment options currently available.

Renewals

The renewal process is being built in to the Mortons pattern and letters will be out shortly to remind subscribers to renew. Please feel free to check the current state of your subscription by visiting ClassicMagazines.co.uk – Magazine Subscriptions and Books and entering your customer detail. Within this page, you will be able to see how many issues remain, along with being able to renew onto any package you desire.

Alternatively, contact the friendly customer service team on 01507 5295529 who will be happy to help with any queries you have.

bernard towers
                                                    Participant
                                                      @bernardtowers37738

where do we find customer id etc to do this?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)