MEW renewal problem

Advert

MEW renewal problem

Home Forums Subscription issues and Digital magazines MEW renewal problem

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Vincent Cutajar
    Participant
      @vincentcutajar96446

I received an email to renew my print only subscription and also a letter through the post for the same reason.

I tried to use the link in the email for renewal but did not work. I got the following message :"Sorry, we are currently unable to complete your order because either we don't ship to your country or you have products with mixed payment types in your basket.
      Please call Customer Services on 0844 543 0064 (UK), +44 1604 251043 (International) to complete your order".

So next I tried the link given to me in the letter but got the same message.

I have always renewed online but this is the first time I am having this problem.

Help please.

Vince

Advert
      Vincent Cutajar
      Participant
        @vincentcutajar96446

Cannot renew print subscription

JES
        Participant
          @jes

I renewed my digital subscription yesterday. I HOPE!

JES

JasonB
            @jasonb

Vincent, go to "my account" at the top of this page which should allow you to renew, you may need to register if you have not used it before.

Some people have also been using the wrong 10 digit subscription number, you want the one starting 400……… as there is another number that comes up on the letter.

Neil Wyatt
              @neilwyatt

Hello Vince,

Sorry about your problem, hopefully Jason's advice will sort it for you. If not, please let me know.

Neil

Vincent Cutajar
              Participant
                @vincentcutajar96446

Jason, I tried that link you gave me but it seems that it is to buy a new subscription. I can specify which issue with which to start the new subscription but do not know which one to choose. According to my account, the current subscription expires on the 22/4/2016.

Vince

Vincent Cutajar
                Participant
                  @vincentcutajar96446

Jason I have been using the subscriber number which starts with 4000

Vince

Vincent Cutajar
                  Participant
                    @vincentcutajar96446

OK Jason this time I went again to the link you gave and went to my account also as you said. I managed to find where to renew but I am now seeing 4 different one year renewal options with four different prices!!!

It was so easy to renew in previous years.

Vince

Vincent Cutajar
                    Participant
                      @vincentcutajar96446

I had nearly given up and thrown in the towel, but today I thought I would give it another try. This time I changed the destination from "Rest of the World" (which was the default setting) to "Europe". It seemed to have worked.

The subscription expiration date in my settings is still showing 22/04/2016. How long does it take to get updated?

Hope this helps someone else.

Vince

Edited By Vincent Cutajar on 15/03/2016 09:46:03

JasonB
                        @jasonb

I'm on automatic renewal and it shows its due to expire right upto te date so may not change until the 21st or 22nd.

J

Neil Wyatt
                          @neilwyatt

If you are on auto-renewal the system will still warn you that the subscription is 'about to expire' until the next DD payment is processed and put through the systems, which typically takes a couple of days.

Neil

Vincent Cutajar
                          Participant
                            @vincentcutajar96446

If I go to http://me.secureorder.co.uk and login, I can see that my subscription has been renewed with a new expiration date.

Phew. I can handle a 77 tonne vehicle at 170mph but nearly gave up on a simple renewal exercise.

Vince

Versaboss
                            Participant
                              @versaboss

Oh well – the same problem as Vincent's has hit me also today. Browsing through the answers, I don't see what cured it for him, finally (I did not tick 'rest of the world' !).

Trying to subscribe via the button on this webpage results in the same error message, but the price is about 2£ higher…

>>> Sorry, we are currently unable to complete your order because either we don't ship to your country or you have products with mixed payment types in your basket.
                              Please call Customer Services on 0844 543 0064 (UK), +44 1604 251043 (International) to complete your order.
                              <<<

Nasty, really, as I have MEW since issue 0 (or maybe 3),. And mixed payment types? what would that be?

First thought was : oh, another Opera problem. So next try with Firefox, but again the same.
                              As I think I would hardly understand someone over the phone, I think my next option would be filling out the form and make a visit on the post office.

How progress is wonderful – I can't remember when I had to do that last time.

Regards, HansR.

Neil Wyatt
                                @neilwyatt

Hello Hans,

Can you email me more details of your problems, please?

From memory you are in Germany so you will need to tick 'rest of world' as a UK subscription won't apply. Also have you ended up with two subscriptions (a UK one and a Europe one) in your basket?

In particular I need to know the route you are trying to use for the purchase – have you created an account at secureorder?

I will then see if I can get the issues sorted out.

neil.wyatt@mytimemedia.com

Neil

Edited By Neil Wyatt on 15/06/2016 14:48:39

Versaboss
                                Participant
                                  @versaboss

Neil, for your information – and for others maybe hitting on the same problem – I can report that I could enter my subscription successfully, using my laptop with Windows 8.1 and Opera 38.0.
                                  I can only speculate it is a strange interaction between Windows XP and an older version of Oper (12.17).

No reason to dismiss that combination, nonetheless.

Regards, HansR.

Neil Wyatt
                                    @neilwyatt

Thanks for letting me know HansR.

Neil

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)