MEW magazine- photography!- Iss 321, Nov 2022

Advert

MEW magazine- photography!- Iss 321, Nov 2022

Home Forums Model Engineers’ Workshop. MEW magazine- photography!- Iss 321, Nov 2022

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ches Green UK
    Participant
      @chesgreenuk

Just received the November 2022 issue through the letterbox.

After a quick scan through, it seems to me that the photography and picture selction has really improved. It appears that the Editor's Bench intro regarding the aim for better overall picture quality has worked.

My own preference is that each set of pictures tells the story, even if no words were added, the pictures are numbered (and referred by number in the text) and each picture has a title/description in or under it – as is evident in most of the Nov issue's articles.

Occasionally I feel that some articles might benefit from a hand drawn (or CAD) assembly drawing as a starting point to explain the project at hand, but apart from that …very well done.

Regards,

Ches

Edited By Ches Green UK on 17/10/2022 11:21:32

Advert
      Ches Green UK
      Participant
        @chesgreenuk

Much improved quality of magazine pictures

David George 1
        Participant
          @davidgeorge1

Issue 321.

The artical on Drummond M Type tailstock Morse taper 2 mod is so much better than I expected. He has got the balance of pictures and writing so good it gives a true story of what is involved in this project. If anyone wants a copy of the drawings or more info, just drop me a message. Thanks Neil for how you formated the artical.

David

Ches Green UK
          Participant
            @chesgreenuk

David,

Yes, there seems to be a subtle improvement on the photography and it's formatting/layout.

I just did a quick scan of Iss 320 and superficially there doesn't seem that much difference, but Iss 321 photographs are more 'on message' …. ie they are more tightly cropped to the item under discussion meaning less distraction and a better close-up view.

And maybe the Ads are now positioned more to the start and end of the magazine rather than appearing mid-flow, which I find less distracting. That's not to say I don't like the ads but it's easier to find them at the mag start or end rather than dotted about the middle.

Ches

Michael Gilligan
            Participant
              @michaelgilligan61133

David

My copy arrived this morning, so I turned immediately to your article

Yes, I agree … The article and its presentation are excellent.

MichaelG.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)