Large Model

Advert

Large Model

Home Forums Stationary engines Large Model

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Awins
    Participant
      @awins

Hi all first time posting, Please can anyone tell me if there is a large scale mill engine available typically the fly wheel would be around 10inches or so some thing along the lines of the model Perseus etc. Many thanks

Advert
      Awins
      Participant
        @awins

Stationary Mill Engine

JasonB
          @jasonb
          Would not be too hard to scale up another design, I’ve started drawing up a couple of Anthony Mounts models, one at 1 1/2 times and another at twice scale. The cylinders are not too hard to fabricate and there are suppliers of flywheels about such as this swiss company.

Jason
          Mike Holmes 1
          Participant
            @mikeholmes1
            Hello Forum, my name is Mike Holmes, I just joined  and am going through the  site .I am a late starter in building models as I have been too busy rearing family and such things. In the process of finishing a workshop 48’x 30′, tools include Harrison M300, Bridge port mill,  Jakobsen SJ 12  surface grinder, VMA universal Mill,  Willson 12″ x 96″ lathe, and Econicut 6  Power Hacksaw. I have started building a Ransome and May Mill engine in 4″ scale .This is drawn in 1″ scale so it is very easy to scale up , I got the plan from Hemmingway , dealt with a man called Kirk Burwell and he was most helpfull with information on this engine. You could go this way by scaling up any plan that you choose, Yours etc, Mike  
            Laurence B
            Participant
              @laurenceb
              You could try Peter Southworth in Chesterfield..He provides drawings and castings for a number of stationary steam engines,pumps etc.His website is http://www.southworthengines.smartemail.co.uk/
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)