iPad Battery is failing …

Advert

iPad Battery is failing …

Home Forums Electronics in the Workshop iPad Battery is failing …

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Enough!
    Participant
      @enough
      Posted by Ajohnw on 21/05/2016 21:01:56:

I've done other things following youtube video's and would definitely give it a go.

I'd done 2 Palm PDAs both battery and touchscreens plus a Mio GPS following their respective videos and they were pretty straightforward. The iPod touch, though, was a whole different ballgame – even once the case was apart. (It also involved some unsoldering/resoldering in a very confined spot).

The iPad might be better though …. more room perhaps.

Edited By Bandersnatch on 21/05/2016 22:47:28

Advert
      Ajohnw
      Participant
        @ajohnw51620

I suspect Michael has a stereo microscope – ideal for really fine soldering.

John

Steve Pavey
        Participant
          @stevepavey65865

For repairs to Apple products (and other makes too) I can recommend iFixit.com

Although I haven't tackled an iPad I've replaced the batteries in several iPhones and iPods, as well as replacing bits in several Apple laptops as well, all with the help of the guides – really good clear photos, plus user comments on some of the more tricky steps. Once you've pulled the glass screen off an iPhone with a suction cup once you get a bit more confident – I do find some of the ribbon cable connectors a bit tricky sometimes though, mainly because they are so tiny.

Ajohnw
          Participant
            @ajohnw51620

blush I should add that if some one does solder via stereo microscope do put something over the objective to keep the flux fumes away from it. Cling film or what ever.

These crop up at times and are usually cheap. Russian. They have plenty of working distance and a mag of around 8 3/4x with a field of view just over 20mm . Ideally they need mounting on a boom stand but so far I have managed as it comes. I do have others though,

They were intended for dissection work and have pretty good optics really.

John

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)