IoS Issues

Advert

IoS Issues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Neil Wyatt
      @neilwyatt

People who use Apple products will have found that something changed a few months ago and they can no longer view recent issues from the archive on their devices.

It appears to be something we changed clashing with something dione by Apple but it's taking a long time to find out what.

Please be assured that the company who prepare the digital magazines are working to try and find out what it is.

Neil

Advert
      Neil Wyatt
        @neilwyatt
        John Hinkley
        Participant
          @johnhinkley26699

If it's any help tracing this problem, Neil, my iPad2 with iOS 9.3.5 does not suffer from this. I can access all the archive issues through this site without any apparent problems. Pocketmags access seems "normal", too.

John

V8Eng
          Participant
            @v8eng

Likewise no problem with my iPad 3 running 9.3.5.

Maybe it is to do with running ios 10, I have no way of finding out as (apparently) my machine cannot be upgraded to 10!

Maybe obsolescence has something going for it after all.wink

Edited By V8Eng on 01/06/2017 09:28:53

John Haine
            Participant
              @johnhaine32865

It's something to do with Safari I think, that also affects Google Maps. Changing browser may improve matters – I fixed the Maps problem for someone at the weekend by installing Chrome on their Mac, and Firefox seems fine too.

Neil Wyatt
                @neilwyatt

Thanks,

They know it's to do with recent Apple updates/changes and will be trying it out on different platforms.

It doesn't just affect the MEW/ME archive, its a problem for all magazines using the same 'engine'.

Neil

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)