help@me.secureorder.co.uk

Advert

help@me.secureorder.co.uk

Home Forums Subscription issues and Digital magazines help@me.secureorder.co.uk

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ferrum
    Participant
      @ferrum

I have not received Model Engineer 4559 so I thought that I should contact the subscription service.

It appears that there are two methods. The first is by telephone which entails a charge of 7p per minute on top of the BT call charge. The second is by email.

I object to subsidising MyTimeMedia's customer services on top of the subscription price, so email it was.

I received an automated reply telling me that a member of the customer service team would be in contact "as soon as possible". I waited but of contact there was none. Emailed again and received same " contact .., as soon as possible".

Has anybody else experienced this?

My quarterly direct debit is due soon if I do not cancel it …. I wonder what I will do.

Advert
      Ferrum
      Participant
        @ferrum
        SillyOldDuffer
          @sillyoldduffer

How long have you waited for a reply to your email? I think I got a human reply about half a day after the automatic response. Once in touch they sorted my issue out immediately.

Personally, I wouldn't cancel a magazine I enjoy over a 7p a minute phone charge.

Dave

richardandtracy
          Participant
            @richardandtracy

Out of curiosity, somewhat apros-pro of the query above:

Neil,

Does MEW/ME get more per issue from someone buying an issue in the shop or via a subscription? Not interested in the actual number, just which is more.

Regards

Richard.

Neil Wyatt
              @neilwyatt
              Posted by Ferrum on 04/05/2017 14:57:03:

I have not received Model Engineer 4559 so I thought that I should contact the subscription service.

It appears that there are two methods. The first is by telephone which entails a charge of 7p per minute on top of the BT call charge. The second is by email.

I object to subsidising MyTimeMedia's customer services on top of the subscription price, so email it was.

I received an automated reply telling me that a member of the customer service team would be in contact "as soon as possible". I waited but of contact there was none. Emailed again and received same " contact .., as soon as possible".

Has anybody else experienced this?

My quarterly direct debit is due soon if I do not cancel it …. I wonder what I will do.

If you look at contact page for subscription issues (linked at bottom right on every page of this website) you will see there is a standard rate phone number for Customer Service:

Customer Service (UK + Overseas): +44 (0) 1604 828 748

I will see if we can amend our magazine 'blurb' to make this more obvious.

Neil

Neil Wyatt
                @neilwyatt
                Posted by richardandtracy on 04/05/2017 15:28:13:

Out of curiosity, somewhat apros-pro of the query above:

Neil,

Does MEW/ME get more per issue from someone buying an issue in the shop or via a subscription? Not interested in the actual number, just which is more.

Regards

Richard.

We get a bigger percentage of the selling price for subscriptions as there is no 'middle man', but for newsagent sales we just send a few pallet loads to the distributor.

Subscriptions are at a discounted price and we have to fund the postage and packing for each issue, together with operating a customer database, customer service, extra staff, promotional effort etc. etc.

I don't know the actual figures or even which type of sale is more profitable, but the financial difference is not clear cut.

Neil

Geoff G
                Participant
                  @geoffg

Plus 1 for non delivery of issue 4559. I live near Exeter, in Devon; Could this be a repeat of last year's loss of a whole batch of mags destined for the south of the country? It has certainly happened to me several times in the past and is rather annoying because by the time you realise that you are not going to get your copy, the shops have sold out. I also emailed help@me.secureorder.co.uk about 35 hours ago and, so far, have only received their automated acknowledgement.

sad

Geoff G

Wayne Foster
                  Participant
                    @waynefoster77234

Dear sir did not receive issue 256 mew

JasonB
                      @jasonb

Wayne see the contact number above, you need to contact the subscriptions department not ask on the forum

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)