Hello

Advert

Hello

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    colinb
    Participant
      @colinb

Hi all,

I just joined, having recently acquired a Boley & Leinen D13LZ lathe, and a BCA Jig Borer MK3. A Centec 2b is on the horizon, so I should have a decently equipped little playground before too long!

My initial focus will be learning by making tools to make more tools, keeping cost down, and learning up!

Already very impressed with the knowledge and generosity on here, looking forward to joining the fun.

Colin

Advert
      Bazyle
      Participant
        @bazyle

Nicely set up. Get along to your local club and Men’s Shed as you can often pick up small tools and materials from other members.

Howard Lewis
        Participant
          @howardlewis46836

Welcome!

As Bazyle says, you are well equipped.

Do find your local Model Engineering club and join. You will find like minded individuals there, and youn can share experiences and help each other.

Howard

bernard towers
          Participant
            @bernardtowers37738

Welcome Colin, Watch out if toolmaking is your thing, its a bit addictive but very satisfying when you use them and end up with good work. Dont ask me how I know!!

noel shelley
            Participant
              @noelshelley55608

You have a head start on many ! Welcome, we are a happy band- mostly, and if you have any questions some one on here will have an answer. Best wishes Noel.

colinb
              Participant
                @colinb

Thanks all.

The workshop picture has changed slightly; I’ve added a No.3 fly press for its versatility, and put a deposit on a GHA Master Toolmaker with high speed head, collets, and fixed table.

So barring an exponential improvement in skills or space (both as likely as the proverbial flying pig), I should be pretty well set.

Now to continue figuring out tooling (as some of you might have seen in the Beginners forum…)

Harry Wilkes
                Participant
                  @harrywilkes58467

Welcome to the forum

H

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)